nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

There is No Such Thing As Too Dressed Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

Nowadays society always has an opinion on what you are wearing, how you did your hair/ make-up, etc. Although that isn’t a great thing, what is even worse is that it makes people want to conform in order to get rid of that negative attention society give them. In the end you are not dressing for other people’s approval. Instead, you should dress for yourself.

I do just that everyday. I love to wear fun new and sometimes weird outfits. I get a lot of looks and comments for other people about what I am wearing, but I have just learned to brush them aside. Because as long as I feel great in my outfit, then that is all that matters.

I love to dress up for just about everything. I wear dresses, heals, and make to school almost everyday. People say that I am to dressed up or that i’m trying to impress someone. But that just simply isn’t the case.

I feel more comfortable in heels than I do in sneakers. I love the flowyness of a dress and the fun patterns. I also love shirts that have bright colors or pure black.

I hear comments everyday about how I am overdressed. How I have a different look everyday. One day i’m cute and the next i’m scary. I listen to these comments, but i make sure they go one ear and out the other. For just because that is not how they dress, doesn’t mean that I can’t dress up that way.

You just have to learn to ignore those people around you and listen to your own voice. I you love the way you look or you feel joy from what you are wearing, then you are doing it right.

And don’t get me wrong there will be times when you feel self conscious and dough that you feel good in your outfits, but let it just be a passing thought. Everyone goes through that, even me.

So if you wanna dress to the nines or just chill on some comfy clothes, both are perfect. We don’t all have to be the same in how we dress and we shouldn’t feel ashamed in dressing for us. After all that is what makes each of us so special and unique.

I'm Kate Briones and i'm a freshman here at SCAD Atlanta. I originally from California, LA.
High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World