This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

Dear, Summer 2018

You truly taught me the pure essence of patience and hard work. You placed new challenges, adventures, and experience’s right in front of me and you observed how I approached them. You weren’t typical, like you’ve been in the past. You showed me how to work hard for what I wanted and how to gain new experiences along with new knowledge while doing so. Although my job as a Beauty Advisor at my local Ulta Beauty was sometimes annoying and a little demanding, I appreciated the positive perspective and new outlook it gave me on my future career of interest. I mean after all, being surrounded by make-up and skin care all day is honestly one of the best spaces to be in if you ask me.

Summer you truly showed me how one opportunity fuels another. For so long I was afraid to drive on the interstate, but due to me having to work at a specific Ulta location back home, I was pushed to build my muscle and finally face my fears of driving on the freeway. I guess you could say you were really filled with overcoming “mile” stones. Summer, you were truly honest and real with me, but more than anything you gave me the push I needed to overcome my fears while preparing me for the next big chapter in my life, senior year of college.

I now know that every summer that I’ve experienced thus far has led me to this past one. So Summer hears my thank you letter to you, thank you for helping me grow up a little bit more and allowing me to flourish a little bit better.

Until Next Time,

Teryka Jones

Teryka Jones

SCAD ATL '19

SCAD Fashion Marketing & Management Major Fashion Journalism Minor Lover of all things Fashion, Beauty, & Pop Culture
High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World