Summer Essentials in 4 Easy Steps

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

Pack your Bags for Summer Vacay because Her Campus has already got you covered on some of the essentials that you must bring with yourself on that family reunion at the beach, that road trip you take with your best friends, that camping trip you planned last minute and that epic tour of Europe you’ve been saving up for. Be prepared for summer because it’s coming in hot. I can feel it now. Ah yes, the freedom, the possibilities. Lets make packing your bag a little easier.

First Essential – The toothbrush

Isn’t it tragic when you leave your toothbrush at home? Well, it’s even more tragic how gross your toothbrush can get. That paste crusting around the bristles definitely isn’t something you want to clean your mouth with every morning in night. Then you don’t even know how clean the hotel is that you are staying at. My mother always surrounds the hotel sink with tissues so she can place her toothbrush and makeup bag on them.

I have an easy solution for the toothbrush predicament: Steripods. The Steripod Toothbrush Protector is a little capsule that you place around the bristles of your brush. You won’t leave your contacts on the counter? No you put them in your contact lens case! It’s pretty much the same with your toothbrush. Want to know the best part, the Steripods last up to three months which is the same length of our precious summer break.

Second Essential – The shower

Traveling can take a toll on your body. You may have just landed in a new city after a  7 hour long flight, and you’ll probably only make it to your Airbnb at like midnight. But you don’t want to go roaming around smelling like a vagabond. And you certainly want to feel your freshest whilst exploring new cities and sites!

Deodorant, dry shampoo, and feminine hygiene products will be your best friends in these times of few showers. Secret has a new fresh line of Invisible Solid deodorant and my favorite scent in the Cool Waterlily. Let’s say you forgot to pack your favorite body spray or perfume. Well, with Secret’s Cool Waterlily Deodorant, you don’t necessarily need the extra scent because it surrounds you with the smells of a garden and it keeps it that way for 48 hours.

Summer’s Eve is another essential hygiene product to pack because it keeps you fresh. Simply Summer’s Eve Gentle Foaming Wash is perfect to lather up with in the shower after a long day. The Coconut Water Foaming Wash is wonderful. When you’re out and about traveling, it’s a good idea to pack Summer’s Eve Cleansing Cloths. The Cleansing Cloths are life savers in situations where you need to freshen up quick. All Summer’s Eve products are formulated to work with your body’s natural pH levels to keep you balanced. Taking care of your body is a whole lot less stressful when the products do all the work for you, and they leave you smelling like field of flowers.

Third Essential – The makeup

One routine that could use a little change up in the summer is your makeup. Maybe you also dyed your hair or got a super cute cut, but your makeup is something that also must evolve. Summer is the perfect time to try bold and daring new looks.

Essence Cosmetics can help you achieve there look with their makeup products. Strong, sculpted eyebrows have been on trend for a while now. Some Instagram beauty influencers have been showing off barbed brows, glitter brows, and feather brows. Essence Cosmetics helps keep it simple. Their Eyebrow Designer is helps to fill and shape your brows for just the right about of drama and change. You can find Essence Cosmetics at Ulta, Target and Harmon.

Fourth Essential – The summer read

All year long, you’ve been reading boring textbooks assigned for class and you haven’t had the time to read those kind guilty pleasure books. You know those books, like Twilight, Harry Potter, and Hunger Games. They transport you to a new world. You bring this summer read with you on the plane, to your grandma’s house and on that long road trip your dad planned to the Yellowstone.

I’ve got the perfect book to be your summer read:  White Fur, by Jardine Libaire will take you back to New York City. Two people from different social groups fall in love. They grew up in the same neighborhood, except this isn’t your average boy falls in love with the girl-next-door story. It’s got exciting city life and real world problems. Elise Perez, from the projects, and Jamey Hyde, a Yale trust fund kid, jump around New York City as they’re relationship unfolds. White Fur carries with it the theme star-crossed lovers while ties in the social divides prevalent in American society. Rich guy meets poor girl, and they try to make it pretty in the city. How exciting would it be to read a passage about Manhattan while on a plane to JKF International Airport and then be on the Upper East Side later that day?

Take a plane, a train, a car, a bus, an Uber –anything to get you heading towards summer. Just don’t forget to back your bags and bring all the must have survival items with you!

Starting out as a staff writer & visual contributor in the Spring of 2016, Christine soon became the replacement Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Savannah College of Art and Design for the 2016-17 school year. In January 2017, she facilitated the launch of the SCAD Atlanta branch's own editorial launch, apart from the Savannah campus, leading the team to win some 2017 Her Campus awards!  She is an illustrator and avid history lover, and she also served in the Army as an Analyst and went to Bethel Ministry School before attending SCAD.  Her goal, as an illustrator, writer and in life in general, is to mine life of the treasure contained within.  She loves to find and put on display ideas, people (portraiture) and beautiful things.  Valuable things that are all around us in our everyday life in the form of friends, coworkers, classmates, nature, even industry.  She loves music (even writing songs and performing!), dance and new adventures.   Eventually she plans to write and illustrate children's books, have her own business featuring greeting cards, paper products, and her own revolutionary online/physical editorial publication.  For more about Christine check out her website at www.christineburney.com.