This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

‘Successfully Shopping’ does not mean getting the deal or catching the sale, but it is when you shopped for pieces that perfectly resemble your aura and personality. Because most people just buy a certain garment by the price it has not by thinking if it really is your true style and most importantly if you can wear it certain ways. But don’t hesitate!  Here are a few rules I go by when I head out and go shopping. Keep in mind it’s all about how YOU feel and wish to look.  

1. Look Everywhere

We often buy our clothes at the same stores, which is not bad cause that means we found our style and what makes us look best, but we can’t go without looking everywhere. You’ll never know what you will find, literally. For example if you only shop at Topshop you will find things at F21, trust me. Don’t go making assumptions and thinking they don’t have good quality apparel there because on most things they do. And by everywhere I mean other stores, you think or know, that sell the same aesthetic. By these means if you are a Zara gal don’t go shopping at Hot Topic. (I’m not bashing it!)

1. Shop for Pieces

When you have decided where to shop, look for pieces. Pieces for me means a garment that stands out from what others might normally wear (which is basically my whole closet). You can strive for this! It’s not that hard, think about its color combinations, pattern and style that make it more elevated.

1. Does it match with you?

This is the most personal step, obviously, cause it’s where you decide if it goes with yourself or not. One should never buy something just because it’s a trend or all of your friends are wearing it. You need to feel comfortable and think if you would actually wear it while you go out and if you feel good in it and genuinely adore it then there is no more question to this!

1. Look for Quality

Those pieces you just found that you love must to have good quality. Since it’s a ‘piece’ you need to treat it like one and it has to be of good resistance to everything such as wrinkles, elasticity and shrinkage. This piece has to endure until the point you don’t want to see it anymore!

1. Right price?

This is the tricky one finding out if it’s the right price. I don’t see the point in buying a $25 white tee but take out the chance for it to be sustainable. If this tee is not eco-friendly and it’s just $25 because of the brand think if you can really justify this. Which you just can’t, I know that for sure. Defend and protect your money but most importantly know the value of things by keeping in mind the type of fabric which is fairly easy. Cheap fabric and a high price? NO!

1. How Many Ways?

Now, this is the fun part, thinking how many ways can you use that perfect piece with an excellent quality and a right price. Take for example a top, if you can wear this with jeans, a skirt, with an inner layer and an outer layer with different color accessories every time, then it’s a keeper! You will get the best out of this top or whatever you find if you point out the different ways you can wear it by thinking at the top of your head.

1. Stop Deciding, GET IT!

And finally, if it fits all the six steps don’t think about it much longer. Just GET IT!!

High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World