This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

Spring 2018 Trends

The best thing about new seasons? The Trends! Every season I grab my two favorite fashion magazines and actually sit down and go through it since I am looking for ways to upgrade my style and even test some out. I never completely change my wardrobe but keep an eye out for garments I already own and which ones I choose to invest in. But in this article I will summarize for you some key trends that will go hard this coming spring season!

1. Check Me

This category includes Plaids in trousers, tops, suits, skirts and jackets which are available in multiple colors and patterns that give you the availability to mix and match. Don’t be picky when trying to choose, dark colors for fall ideal is totally out (That doesn’t even matter anymore!) a current example is mixing these dark colors with their corresponding hues and tones. But if you want to feel that spring vibe even more, do a dark pattern with a bright or pastel colored top. Just like the example below taken from Urban Outfitters Website, the bottoms are available!

1. Walking Color Palette

This one is head to toe complementary colors which are colors derived from a main color. The perfect example is this shot from Zara’s 2018 ‘Vast Land’ campaign where pink and red are being paired up as well as brown and green. This image was taken out of Zara’s website where you can find the whole outfits!

1. Mules

Not your average high heel mule, but a flat one. They have the appearance of sophisticated, chic and mysterious which pair well with jeans or trousers. My pick is this minimal style from Topshop but there is for sure other styles with colors and textures. 

1. Statement Earrings

People are going in hard with statement earrings including myself because they add personality and a bit of décor to your look. Coming in a bunch of sizes, colors and styles you have a lot to pick from. If you don’t like a big size you can possibly go for color and vice versa but if you’re like me and adore both, well, do both! Personally, I like my earrings to have the color that is less present, or not at all, in my outfits and accessories including these ones are the last thing I add onto myself when I’m all dressed up. The following are from Zara and Urban Outfitters.

1. Stripes

This whole article is not complete without stripes, you can find these to succeed mainly in tops. What I love about striped tops is that you can pair them with solid color bottoms of every kind and                             it will still look well put together, effortless and chic! Below I have an example of a striped top, which I currently own and I’m obsessed with. (Take note this are two separate pieces, a top and a                               bottom) This striped top is so versatile because you have multiple colors to make combinations out of, you can do black jean culottes and even colored trousers with trainers! And there you                                   have a look…

My intention was for you to be able to mix and match all these trends. If you notice, most of them go well paired together you’ll feel like you just waked out of a magazine!

High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World