This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

Photo by Britt K. Lyle II.

Britt K. Lyle II is a graduate student studying Motion Media Design at SCAD Atlanta. He may be “married to his thesis” but won’t knock love if you’re nerdy and wierd enough, which is aplenty at SCAD.

Aspen Evans: What has been your experience with dating since you’ve been at SCAD?

Britt Lyle II: Practically nonexistent, and it’s not for a lack of trying. Either I’m not their type of vice versa, or they just aren’t available one way or another. Which is fine by me because I’m currently married to my thesis. I’ve come to the conclusion that most people who couple at SCAD are destined to stay together. Seriously, you’re either single or halfway to marriage at this school.

AE: Was your experience different before?

BL: It’s been pretty much the same. I haven’t been in a relationship since I started SCAD and I’m not ready for any type of long-term commitment at the moment. Don’t want my thesis to get jealous. Just want something nice and casual for the time being.

AE: Have social media apps affected the way you date or are you a more traditional dater?

BL: You know, I tried dating apps and they pretty much got me nowhere and nothing I wanted. Most of which was simply because I’m a big black man. I don’t need to go further. I’ve tried the traditional route too but that leads me back to my original statement: I’m not their type or they aren’t available one way or another.

AE: What would your dream Valentine’s Day date be like?

BL: For myself, I’d would do a Treat Yo Self Valentine’s Day special: food, deep massage, comics and hopefully a concert. With someone, I’d have to do a cosplay photoshoot or some kind. Two characters who are lovers … like Spiderman and Deadpool. Yes, I ship Spiderpool.

AE: Are you single and ready to mingle? What do you look for in a potential mate?

BL: Single, yes. Ready to mingle? … eh pause. I’ll find someone when I’m ready or when it happens. A potential mate of mine would have to be random, nerdy, weird (a must), confident, artsy but doesn’t have to be an artist (it’s a plus however), intelligent, open-minded, beautiful, kind but don’t take no ones mess from no one and strong. Or just don’t be an a**hole. That works too.

The name is Aspen. Fashion/Commercial photographer. SCAD-ATL. Fashionista slaying from beyond the grave.