This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

Image courtesy of Aspen Evans.

Flux Night is a local Atlanta event that brings together local and national artworks for an outdoor public gallery in historic Old Fourth Ward. This year’s theme was “dream.” Much of the art is interactive and technology-based such as the headline act “Bending the Arc” which featured a LED line controlled by a program called Granular Sampler that used participants’ voices to move the line into an arc shape in real time. Other pieces include 1960Now: Atlanta, Baltimore, Ferguson & Washington DC, a piece about the similiarities of the ’60s civil rights movement and the black rights movement surfacing now. Another interactive piece was Yoko Ono’s “Imagine Peace Maps,”which allowed participants to stamp a map of the world with the words “imagine peace.” Overall, Flux Night differed from years past when it took place in Castleberry Hill, but Old Fourth Ward still managed to give the art event some charm.

The name is Aspen. Fashion/Commercial photographer. SCAD-ATL. Fashionista slaying from beyond the grave.