The Perfect Playlists to End Your Spring Quarter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

We made some fun playlists on our YouTube Channel that will help you get to and through summer with the right tempo. Also, in honor of soon-to-be-grads, I am including a few interviews that give great advice to creatives.  I wish all my fellow graduate success and the best of luck! Subscribe to our channel for the latest in interviews, music and other arts-related videos.  Here is our Spring Vibes playlist, some of our most popular videos and my favorites:

Spring Vibes

Some of my fave songs with great beats. 

Dance it out

Bae

Related: 9 Workout Tunes to Get You Spring Break Ready

Once Upon a Time Producers – Interview from aTVFest 2017 

Some great advice to future collaborative partnerships – “We were friends first.”

Hook & Swan aTVFest Interview 

Don’t make fun, I know I say “like” about a thousand times in this video, but I can’t pass on the amazing advice that both Jennifer Morrison and Colin O’Donoghue of Once Upon a Time gave to creatives! Check it out.

Once Upon A Time, the Must-See Interviews From SCAD’s aTVFest

Brooklyn Sudano Taken interview

The best advice about entering the creative field from, as it turns out, the daughter of Donna Summer!!!!  I didn’t know at the time (don’t hate me) – I just wanted to interview her because she was lovely and I felt she would have great advice. Obv I knew she was famous, but had no idea about her connection to Donna Summer.  In case you cannot hear the interview super well, here is transcript:

HCSCADATL:  What are the top pieces of advice that you would give to young women?

Brooklyn Sudano:  Yeah, ya know, a big thing that I’m just like learning now, having been in this industry for like almost a decade over.  Is to trust yourself — even when you’re new.  Trust your instincts, because there will be a lot of voices telling you one thing or another, but you have to trust your gut.  Right and so, because if you trust your gut, you will never regret a choice, because you will have been like, you know what, I made that choice myself and you weren’t forced to like do this or that. 

Also, the power of No, because sometimes you will have a lot of different opportunities, and you’re like, Oh, well, I just just want to get my foot in the door or whatever, but it might not be the right thing and I’m going to do anything it takes.  I mean, you have to have a mentality like that to a certain extent, but also knowing when to say, This is not for me and that’s okay. You know, because sometimes when you say no, yes is right around the corner, and if you say yes to the wrong thing, then you’re missing out on the opportunity that’s really what you want to do. 

My Biggest Takeaway Quotes from My Interviews at SCAD’s aTVFest

Materials and Techniques

Some fun tutorials and great advice to creatives.

Starting out as a staff writer & visual contributor in the Spring of 2016, Christine soon became the replacement Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Savannah College of Art and Design for the 2016-17 school year. In January 2017, she facilitated the launch of the SCAD Atlanta branch's own editorial launch, apart from the Savannah campus, leading the team to win some 2017 Her Campus awards!  She is an illustrator and avid history lover, and she also served in the Army as an Analyst and went to Bethel Ministry School before attending SCAD.  Her goal, as an illustrator, writer and in life in general, is to mine life of the treasure contained within.  She loves to find and put on display ideas, people (portraiture) and beautiful things.  Valuable things that are all around us in our everyday life in the form of friends, coworkers, classmates, nature, even industry.  She loves music (even writing songs and performing!), dance and new adventures.   Eventually she plans to write and illustrate children's books, have her own business featuring greeting cards, paper products, and her own revolutionary online/physical editorial publication.  For more about Christine check out her website at www.christineburney.com.