This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

If you have oily skin like me, then you know the struggle! Makeup and oil don’t really go together and me being the person I am, I love makeup. You can imagine the frustration when my face starts to look like a glazed donut by mid-afternoon.

I’ve been wearing makeup ever since I was in the 6th grad. I had a lot of years to figure what works and what doesn’t work for my face. As of current, I have found a way to keep my face matte all day and it’s all thanks to two products. Before I let you know about these amazing products I will tell you I believe a flawless makeup application starts with a good skin care routine. Meaning that you should always wash/ exfoliate your skin and of course moisturize. The only downside with these products is that they are on the pricey side ranging around $30-$40 each, but it is definitely worth it!

The first product is called murad mattifier. When I tell you this stuff is amazing, I truly do mean it. It literally keeps my makeup matte and sweat- free for hours end. On the bottle it says about 8 hours but for me it typically lasts the whole day if I’m going to be quite honest with you. You can use it as a moisturizer I suppose but the way I use it as a primer and what a primer does is essentially act as a clean base for the makeup to go on so that it last longer as well as fill in the pores of the face. Every morning when I’m applying my makeup the first thing I do is take a pea-size drop because honestly you don’t need that much for it to work its magic, rub into my skin, and let sink in for like a minute or two. After that you’re all set to put on your makeup

My second holy grail product is the estee lauder double wear foundation. I know there are many foundations that claim to be matte and what not but let me tell you they all just don’t seem to work. Throughout all the foundations that I’ve used in my lifetime, this one seems to be the only one that does what it claims to do. It claims to have 24 hour staying power and it truly does. This lasts the entire day plus it’s so light when applying. I hate when foundations feel so heavy and cakey, so that’s definitely great. Another great thing, is that it comes in over 55 shades.

I don’t know about you, but I hate when brands don’t cater to all skin tones, so please do yourself a favor and check out the estee lauder double wear foundation- it’s worth the money and I promise you won’t regret it!

Hello, my name is Genevieve Odukomaiya and I'm a fashion design major here at SCAD with a minor in business entrepreneurship. I'm from Tampa, Florida and being a naturally introverted person, I'm glad that I have a platform like Her campus to voice my opinions, thoughts, and ideas!
High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World