kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

Organic Tampons – Why Switch?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

Organic Tampons?

Organic tampons are made of 100 percent organic tampons. “Regular tampons” are made of rayon/non-organic cotton. Organic tampons are bleached with peroxide, like “regular” ones are bleached with chlorine to make them bright white. When the “regular” tampons are bleached with chlorine, it creates a byproduct called dioxin. Dioxin is capable of causing cancer and disrupts hormones. Organic tampons are free of these hormone chemicals and other synthetic materials used for absorbency, pesticides, and GMOS in the cotton production.

Why make the switch?

You might consider switching to organic tampons, because it’s better for your health. Organic tampons are unscented, so it’s good for those with sensitive skin. Even though the tampon is made up of better ingredients it doesn’t take away your chances of TSS (Toxic Shock Syndrome). TSS is a rare, life threatening bacterial infection that’s caused by the absorbency and length a tampon has been left in.

What are some brands?

These are some brands of organic tampons that can be found at target.

L. Organic Cotton Tampons– $6.99

Cora Organic Tampons– $9.99

Seventh Generation Tampons– $6.99

Tampax Pure and Clean Tampons– $6.95

Information Credit to Women’s Health

My name is Daniela. I am an Alumna of at SCAD Atlanta. An interesting fact about me is that I have three citizenships: American, British, Canadian.
High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World