Kristen Bryant-Bodies
Kristen Bryant-Bodies
Kristen Bryant / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

Dear Body,

I have known for 20 years. The one thing we have for sure is a complicated and complex relationship. One thing I want to say is I am so sorry for the way I treat you. I don’t treat you like you are a part of me. I treat you like an enemy. I am sorry for all the times I called you disgusting and unlovable. I am sorry for putting you through all this shit from depriving you of the food you truly deserve from putting from all those diets. I truly apologize for working against you and not accepting the way you are. I know it has been a long time coming but one thing is for sure now. I love you now sure we are going to have are up’s and downs from the days I am feeling myself from the days I eat a big burrito at Chipotle, but body you are what makes me I and God gave me you for a reason. From the stretch marks on thighs to my tummy to my small breast. All in which, I hated you for at some time in my life. Sometimes I looked at you and cried inside, but now I am thankful for you; I love you and I will ever take you for granted. Please forgive me for the pain I caused you physically and emotionally. Everything I said and did you was out of anger, spite, and fear, because us women we have it ingrained in us to have self-hate instead self-love unless we look how society wants to, I’m sure you understand right. When I saw you growing in every curve, I thought it is the beginning of the end. Seeing every small, visible scar was a representation of my newfound growth, newfound womanhood but to be honest I did not know how to expect you. How to embrace you. Now I want to tell you I love you just the way you are. I just want to say I feel disgusted by how I let other people’s opinions and judgment of you made me change the way I saw you. The way I think of you, but the bottom line is I am better now. I am stronger because of you. 

Love,

Najah

Najah Layne

SCAD ATL '22

Hello I'm Najah Layne! I am college sophomore going through the journey of life, figuring things out one step at a time and showcasing my passions & loves which is being an enthusiast on pop culture, the latest fashion trends, styling tips, and most importantly empowering young women and being my crazy, weird self while doing it. We are going to be talking about all things real and there no holding back!
High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World