Joe Jackson on Motorcycles and Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

Joe Jackson is a senior TV producing major with a photo minor. He is a student athlete on the tennis team here at SCAD and he loves nothing more than visual storytelling.

Her Campus: Do you have any fun plans for spring break? If so, what are you up to?

Joe Jackson: Spring break has been amazing so far. I’m currently working on a collaborative motion media project with the ever-talented Joash Berkeley involving the personal obstacles artists at SCAD have overcome to pursue their passions. Besides that I went up to Athens, GA for the first weekend to paint the town red and visit some old friends. On Tuesday I will be picking up some friends in Savannah and spending the remaining week of break on Dog Island.

HC: What is Joe’s playlist looking like for these adventures?

JJ: I think the most important aspect of enjoying your spring break at SCAD or any other intensive field of study is to relax so I’ve been listening to a lot of Motown and alternatively inspired music. Right now my riding playlist is full of everything from Otis Redding and Marvin Gay to the Alabama Shakes and Shakey Graves. I’m especially fond of soulful vocals so I’m a bit obsessed with groups like Lake Street Dive and Christ Stapleton. I’m a sucker for a singer that can create an emotional connection through their tone.

HC: I think anybody that knows you, knows about your love for motorcycles. Tell us about your baby/babies. Will you be taking them for a ride this break?

JJ: I thought you would never ask! Right now it’s just the one motorcycle, Roxy, but she is running better than ever. I just got back from my first significant road trip on the bike and it covered the 150 mile trip without so much as a hiccup. Roxy is a very small displacement bike and being 36 years old didn’t lend her any favors but she performed like a champ. She is the perfect motorcycle to zip to class and around town, but I will definitely be looking to buy a cruiser in the future for long distance rides. I restored Roxy in my living room over winter break so I don’t think I will ever get rid of her.

If you’ve got a passion for motorcycles check out Joe Jackson’s blog ‘Joe Goes Moto’ on his personal website.