This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

I Tried Eyelash Extensions for the First Time.

The Idea

I don’t know why, but lately I feel like my eyelashes have been disappearing… I don’t mean literally. In recent weeks, the photos I see of myself, make it look like I don’t have eyelashes. I was confused, because I naturally have long eyelash, but they never didn’t show up in photographs. I decided it was time for a change… by getting extensions. 

Lush Nail Bar

In Atlantic Station (in Atlanta, Georgia), there’s a boujee nail salon called Lush Nail Bar. I’d walked past it a bunch of times, but it really stood out to me, because everyone inside always had a champagne glass in their hand. Anyway, the reason I chose to go to them for my eyelashes were for a couple reasons:

1. I knew where they were located, and it’s not a fair walk from where I live. 
  2. The extensions started at $35, so not too expensive

2a. IT WAS CHEAP!!!!

I didn’t plan anything ahead of time, I just went.

The Experience

Before

After

When I went to get my eyelashes, granted I knew nothing about the process or anything, I was asked how I wanted them to look. I chose natural, because it’s better starting off smaller and then working your way up. What I just said, about me not knowing anything, comes in now. I thought eyelash extensions were individual eyelashes, one lash, that’s glued in line with your eyelashes. When I was getting them done, that’s exactly what it felt like. But no…. They’re not individual eyelashes, they’re multiple eyelashes clumped together. I really didn’t care though, and mine ended up costing $45.

Immediately after I got them, it felt really weird. You know how when you wear a hat, you can constantly see the hat in your field of vision?? Well, imagine that on your eyes. It’s weird and uncomfortable at first, because it feels like you need to open your eyes up more, so you can see. Other than that, I really enjoyed my eyelashes. They weren’t too noticeable on me, and I ended up getting used to them. You do have to be careful about not getting them wet in the first 24 hours, at least. I never purposefully got my wet, and they lasted about 1 week. I could’ve kept them on longer, but too many had fallen out and it started looking weird.

I’d say, if there’s something you’d like to try, then give it a shot. Especially if it’s temporary, then you have no excuse! 

My name is Daniela. I am an Alumna of at SCAD Atlanta. An interesting fact about me is that I have three citizenships: American, British, Canadian.
High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World