ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Homemade icy making

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

Warm weather is here. Springtime is hot in Georgia, and everyone’s looking for a way to cool themselves off. And I have just the fix for you, that will smoothly transition right into everyone’s favorite season, summer (jk, some hate the summer).  Icy-making! 

Not only does it taste great on a hot day, but they come out looking super cute!

These icies are not like the ones you buy at the grocery store; these are my personalized favorites. It includes my favorite candy and juice, but you, of course, can change it up to fit your taste buds.  Okay, so let’s get right into this.

Supplies you will need:

A freezer

Icy tray (dixie cups work just fine)

Plastic spoons (work great for substitution of pop sickle sticks)

Lemonade (can be substituted for your taste buds)

Trollies gummy worms (can be substituted for your taste buds)

Fruit gushers

The majority of these ingredients can be purchased from a local gas station. If you’re looking for an actual icy tray you can get them at your local grocery store or at Target in the dollar area. If you’re lucky, you may find them in the mark-down section. Dollar Tree is always a cheap, fun option as well!

For the actual icy-making: First, stuff your icy tray or Dixie cups with the desired amount of candy. When using an actual icy tray, I fill that baby right up! Then, I add in the juice. With the Dixie cups it may be best to add candy, fill with juice and then add more candy so it doesn’t get all jumbled up in one place.

Once filled with the desired amount of sugary goodness, pop those things into the freezer and let them sit overnight. That’s it, you’re done just like that. 

Take them out the freezer the next day and enjoy!

Ivy Banks

SCAD ATL '20

Born in northern Virginia and raised by New Yorkers, Ivy was exposed to a lot growing up. Ivy Bank$ is a Film & Television major at SCAD Atlanta. Born to two Artist, it's no mystery on why she decided to take up the arts herself. As a little girl she lined the walls of her room with her own paintings. As she grew, so did technology and her interest in different art forms. By her preteens she took up filmmaking, and has stuck with it ever since. At the age of 17, she was diagnosed with a rare brain condition that only spared her some sight in her right eye. Due to the extreme amount of vision loss, she stepped away from physical filmmaking. To deal with the pain of a huge lifestyle change she took up writing. Writing for Ivy has become a way for her to express her deepest thoughts, and help others visualize the way she views the world. She's very passionate about writing screenplays, and aspires to direct her own studio film one day. Follow her on Instagram @boy.no
High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World