Graduation Gift Guide: Art School Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

Graduation is just around I’m sure that those of you who are graduating this term are just as excited to be finished as I am. Now is the perfect time to figure out gift ideas for your fellow grads or think of some nice things to buy for yourself. Since we’re in art school, I thought I’d come up with a gift guide for all you art students.

Graphics Tablet

For those digital artists (Animation, Game Design, etc.), this is a great gift. Perfect for retouching of those digital, creative artworks you’re working on. Plus, it’s under $60, which is not a bad price.

Paint Brush Set

This is a classic gift idea for an artist. Even if you’re not a painting major, if you love to paint then this is a perfect gift for you or your grad friends. This brush set works with acrylic, watercolor, oil, and gouache paint. Guaranteed to create beautiful artworks.

Van Gogh Mug

Receiving a mug is always a nice gift for tons of occasions. For all you Van Gogh fans out there, this is a nice mug based on one of the artist’s paintings. I love the aesthetics of Van Gogh and I thought that this gift idea would be nice.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks are the perfect place to keep your drawings and sketches. If you know a fellow grad who’s great at drawing, this gift is for them. Even if they already have a ton of sketchbooks, it’s only a matter of time before they run out of room and need another. 

Portfolio Case

Running out of room to carry your past projects? Consider getting a new portfolio case for your artwork. This case is guaranteed to carry your canvases, tools, tripods, etc.

Naya West is an actor, singer, dancer, and content creator from Augusta, GA. She graduated from Savannah College of Art and Design. where she majored in Performing Arts and earned her B.F.A in Entertainment Arts. Naya also has her own personal blog, called Just Being Me, where she talks about her many life experiences and gives advice to others. Her hobbies and interests include cooking/baking, watching anime, reading, and making videos for her YouTube channel.
High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World