This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

Photo courtesy of https://fanart.tv/artist.

While slaving away writing papers, preparing projects and cramming for exams, everyone needs some girl-power tunes to rock out too. To help get you through the h*ll of midterms, we’ve provided a playlist guarenteed to generate a healthy estrogen boost. 

1. “Beautiful” by Christina Aguilera.

This song is a classic. It celebrates our inner beauty and can really turn a bad day around. We all need to be reminded that we’re beautiful sometimes, and the positive message in this song is uplifting.

2. “I Am Woman” by Jordin Sparks.

Okay, how better to celebrate girl power than with this song? It’s a great empowering song! And so dang catchy. Seriously, it will most likely get stuck in your head but you’ll feel awesome about being a woman!

3. “Born this Way” by Lady Gaga.

This is a great song about how we don’t have to be ashamed or embarrassed about who we are. We can be ourselves and celebrate who we are. Everyone needs to be able to express themselves, and “Born This Way” reminds us that it’s okay to do that.

4. “Defying Gravity” from the “Wicked” Soundtrack.

Dare to dream big! We can do anything we set our minds to. With a little bit of determination we can accomplish so much, and we just have to believe in ourselves.

5. “Perfect” by P!nk.

This is a great song for when you’re feeling down or lonely. We are all talented in our own ways, and we don’t have to feel inferior or like we’re not good enough. 

6. “Let It Go” from the “Frozen” Soundtrack.

Okay, okay, stay with me here! This is a great song about letting go of all of our past insecurities and really breaking free. We can leave the past behind us and let our inner selves shine.

7. “Breathe 2 a.m.” by Anna Nalick.

This song is really great for when you need a reminder to keep moving forward and let out all of your negative emotions. It has a beautiful melody and a very calming but encouraging message.

8. “White Horse” by Taylor Swift.

I chose this song because at the end of the day the lyrics tell us that the character is leaving this broken fantasy behind. She’s moving on, driving away, and starting over, not dwelling on the past. Instead of getting all hung up over a breakup she’s going to keep moving forward.

9. “People Like Us” by Kelly Clarkson.

This is a great song about sticking together and helping each other. We can encourage and be there for each other, and that counts for a lot. We’re in this together. Normal is so overrated, am I right?

10. “Hit Me with Your Best Shot” by Pat Benatar.

We’re stronger than we know and Pat Benatar reminds us of that. We can get back up even when we’ve been knocked down.

Have any more song suggestions? Let us know in the comment section below. 

My name is Kate and I love reading and writing stories. I especially love fiction and fantasy.