element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Friendship Never Dies: A Letter to my Friend Carole

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

I wrote this to my friend Carole, hoping one day I will be brave enough to send this letter and patient enough to wait for her response. Carole wherever you are, I love you.

Dear Carole,

It’s been a while since the last time I saw you. I know that our friendship split out since last time I went to your wedding. I was really mad at you because you got married so young. I felt like life was not fair; It was not that I did not want you to be happy.  We were so close and then suddenly you were getting married.  I am sorry that I did not understand you were getting married because you were pregnant. I wanted you to stay single more time, so we could travel together and hang out like we used to. You know,  I wanted us to do what single people do. I am sorry that when Kate was born things got worse because all you were talking about were babies. I wanted you to understand that since I do not have children; those conversations were irrelevant to me. Though, you did not. That is why I started to make new friends. but, that does not mean I didn’t want to be your friend anymore. There were times where I felt you were putting too much pressure on me to get married and starting to have kids, but we are all different. Anyway, I am sorry If I misunderstood the situation. I hope we can break the distance between us. I love you.

P.S. Happy Valentine’s day!

Sincerely,

Mariana.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Dear Mariana,

Thanks for your letter. I am happy to know you think about me. I am sorry that I got married so young. I wanted to stay single; getting pregnant was not in my plans. I do not regret getting pregnant, but I do regret of doing it at that age because I was very young. I am sorry that I had to stop hanging out with you and our friends. Becoming a new mother is not easy especially if you are pretty young, and you have to give up on many dreams because you are becoming a parent. I am sorry to make you feel that you needed to get married as well. If I can give you and advice, stay single and do not have kids until you feel ready to do so. Enjoy every minute you can. I am sorry if sometimes the only subject of my conversations was Kate. You will understand when you become a mother as well. I hope we can break distance as well. I miss you and love you.

P.S Happy Valentine’s Day !!

Sincerely,

Carole

Mariana Rodriguez is in her Junior year at SCAD pursuing a B.F.A. in Fashion Design. Mariana was the Marketing Director a chapter before taking the role as Co-Campus Correspondent. She loves traveling, sushi, and fashion.