alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Don’t Be too Quick to Judge

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

Most people in the world has had a bad experience or life with someone. This mostly happens with you live with people. Especially in college where you have to live with people you have never met before. This can be a very scary experience cause no one wants a bad person to live with. However, it does happen and it can affect the way we think about other people we will live with in the future.

IF you get a bad roommate or roommates at the very beginning it can make you think that your next roommate(s) will be just as bad. This can cause people to be rude, annoyed, or mean to their new roommate before they even give them a chance.

This is natural thing in life when you judge something or someone to early. Everyone judges others off of past experiences even if this new person is nowhere related to your past. I have done this very recently to my new roommate, and I ended but regretting it completely.

My first roommate and I had a lot of issues and liked living very differently from the other. One of us liked to have people over all the time. Or one of us was a hermit and hated people,etc. Neither one of these traits but put in the same room, they can spark fights with each other.

Finally my roommate moved out and I had the room to myself. I was so happy and did not want a new roommate ever again. However, not even a week later I got one.

I was so unhappy when I heard that. Already I was thinking how terrible this girl would be and how we wouldn’t get along. Or how she will be a pain and I planned how I was gonna deal with her.

However, when she actually got here she was really nice and we have lot in common. She and I ended up going out to dinner the first night she got here and had a blast.

I almost ruined our future friendship before I even met her. If I treated her or judged her the way I planned to, then we wouldn’t be friends right now.

But now we are fun friends and I enjoy living with her. Also, my old roommate and I talk a lot more now that we don’t live together. So even though I was so happy she moved rooms, i;m now happier to go and talk to her.

So next time your about to judge someone and treat them a certain way based on that judgement think twice cause you will never know if that person will one be end up being your best friend, boyfriend, girlfriend, or inspiration.  

I'm Kate Briones and i'm a freshman here at SCAD Atlanta. I originally from California, LA.
High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World