This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

From flower crowns to cut-off shorts to cowboy boots. You guessed it, It is the festival season and one of the festivals to kick off festival season is Coachella. Even though Coachella is a music festival that has the biggest names in music lined up by one. It is also the biggest hot spot for not only music but fashion as well. Let’s all admit that this is the event of the year we are afraid to FOMO out on. From scrolling through your Instagram feed wishing you were there from literally warily looking for chump change under your couch cushions and all you see is a gum wrapper and a crumb from what you ate from last nights dinner, but don’t worry we can all accept that we are in the #NOCHELLA2K19 crew. But let’s look at some trends that are corrupted into the festival season that you use for summer looks or any other festival you are going to this summer.

1. Neon- Be the highlight of the festival with this pop of neon. Neon is the top trends of the spring and summer season so it is no exception when it is coming upon us with this year’s festival season. With a neon tube top or with matching neon biker shorts or black biker shorts. I predict this trend is going be on the scene at this year’s festival season.                                                                             Image Credit: @nickidemar 

2. Animal Print- Add some “growl power” with some fierce and fun animal prints from zebra to snakeskin to leopard. You can add a little animal print with a bootie or a skirt or even a tube top with a matching biker short. To give it a little for an edge in comparison to the boho look if your style is more on the edgy side of things.                                                                             Image Credit: Nasty Gal

3. Western-influenced- Let’s “dosie dough”! to Coachella with western-influenced statements from cowboy boots to wide-brim hats to bandages. It would not be Coachella without this trend. So ladies bring out your statement cowboy boots with a crop top or a pair of cut-off shorts and “let’s gawdy up to this years Coachella”!

Image Credit: Harpers Bazaar

4. Fringe- Shake it out with a little bit of fringe with this festival staple that will never get old and it is the heart and soul of Palm Springs, you know. Fringe is a statement that speaks for itself from just a fringe jacket and a cut-off shorts. You will be ready to go and take a cute Coachella for your Instagram feed with this outfit.

Image Credit: HerCampusStyle

5. Matching Coordinates-  A Matching separate is a piece that can you look effortlessly and put together without trying which is convenient when you are at a time-clock event like from walking to show to show from to party and you may not have time to choose an outfit in enough time. THIS IS FOR YOU!

Image Credit: HerCampusStyle

6. Band Tee-  If you are not into the boho chic vibes or the western-influenced look maybe edge it up from the normal look with a simple vintage band tee with a grungy twist with some cut-off shorts and thigh-high boots.                                                                             Image Credit: HerCampusStyle

7. Lace- The festival season would not be the festival season without a feminine touch of lace. Lace gives a girly yet bohemian whimsical look. Take a page out of this sis’s book with a lace sheer maxi dress with booties and a wide-brim hat.

Image Credit: Buzzfeed

8. Crochet- It is not only a top trend of this spring and summer season, but it is also a festival staple as well. Just take a page out of the “queen” of Coachella book, Vanessa Hudgens.                                                                              Image Credit: Just Jared                                                                                                                        

Najah Layne

SCAD ATL '22

Hello I'm Najah Layne! I am college sophomore going through the journey of life, figuring things out one step at a time and showcasing my passions & loves which is being an enthusiast on pop culture, the latest fashion trends, styling tips, and most importantly empowering young women and being my crazy, weird self while doing it. We are going to be talking about all things real and there no holding back!
High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World