alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Beauty

Bring Me Sunshine: Your Summer Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

It’s been a long school year at SCAD-Atlanta, to say the least. Luckily, with only a few weeks left in the quarter, summer is right around the corner waiting for us. Summer break can be a time for relaxing, spending time with your family, or getting yourself mentally prepared for the real world if you’re graduating. Nonetheless, summer is the best time to rejuvenate and regroup. There are several essentials you to have to make your summer the best one yet. 

Here’s what you need to survive the summer:

Facial masks to keep your skin glowing

Let’s face it, your skin can easily breakout during the summer. It’s hard to keep your skin hydrated and looking fresh. Luckily Freeman Beauty has a mud and peel-off clay masks to revive and regenerate your skin. It’s bound to be glowing and feeling smooth after one try.

Shaving cream to help you get silky and smooth

There is no summer with beautiful shaved legs. Skintimate’s 2-in-1 shave cream and skin conditioner will have your legs looking the bomb.com and smelling oh so good. 

Don’t forget the razor

Of course, you can’t shave your legs without a razor. Schick’s Quattro YOU can help your on-the-go shaving needs or if you need a full body touch-up. Also, their Silk Touch Up will have your eyebrows on fleek.

So fresh and so clean

For the days by and in the pool and working out, you will need something to refresh your hair and make it go from looking crazy to beautiful. Bed Head by TIGI is exactly what you need. Their Oh Bee Hive Matte Dry Shampoo absorbs the excess oils that weigh your hair down, helping to you to restore and lift hair while giving a natural, even finish.

Protect and shine

Bed Head by TIGI also has a gel mist that help control curls and frizz. Just spray some Beach Me Wave Defining Gel Mist and scrunch into hair to add definition, shine, and protect from humidity for 24 hours.

Plump Up the Volume

Every girl needs the right lipstick to keep her lips poppin’ throughout the day. Buxom Cosmetics has the best lip gloss that will never fail to give you a nice pout look and will last all day. Plump Up The Volume is exactly what you need to have with you this summer.

Keep the krazy to a minimum

Don’t you hate when you’re out and about and your shoe breaks or the sole starts to fall out? This is where carrying around Krazy Glue can come in handy. Just stow it in your purse and have it read and on deck at all times. You never know when you’ll need it. 

With these products, your summer is bound to be everything you want it to be. Enjoy you’re the break, loves. Live it up the fullest and slay every day. 

Dominique is a 2018 graduate of SCAD Atlanta, where she received her MFA in Writing, and a chapter advisor for Her Campus. She hails from Greensboro, NC and is a proud HBCU grad from the illustrious Winston-Salem State University. When Dominique is not writing, she teaches it. She is all about writers being their authentic selves, even if it makes other people uncomfortable.
High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World