Artist Curtis Kulig and MOO Printing Collaborate to Inspire your Inner Lady Boss

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

Curtis Kulig has put artistic meaning behind two simple words: Love Me. That’s the thing about art, it’s going to have a different meaning to each individual. Yet, his iconic design has captivated the world through different mediums and with numerous collaborations. The ‘Love Me’ design can be seen on the streets of New York City, where Kulig currently resides. It can even be used as a fashion statement with Kulig’s many collaborations with fashion brands, like Nike and Carbon38. Pendleton even made a blanket with Kulig’s ‘Love Me’ design on it to keep you warm with love. As a photographer, painter and illustrator, Curtis Kulig has been able to balance his creative side with his business building. ‘Love Me’ is a design that is causes action with belief.

Kulig has now collaborated with MOO Printing to make some tough stuff business cards. Call Me, Hire Me, Pay Me, Follow Me. That’s how you catch someone’s attention and make them love you. I had the opportunity of asking Curtis Kulig a few questions regarding his journey as an artist and his signature ‘Love Me’ design.  

Where are you from and how were you influenced in your childhood by art?

Art was a huge part of my upbringing. My uncle is a painter, my father owned a screen printing shop and my brother is a tattoo artist. It wasn’t until I moved out to LA when I was 19 that the idea of being an artist myself seemed to make sense.

Who inspires you the most? Are there a combination of things that inspire you?

I’m influenced by Mark Gonzales, boxing, fiddle fig trees, Cuba in the 1950s, Louis Armstrong, Hermes plates, and Goddard movies. This Pinterest board shows my main sources of inspiration for my collaboration with MOO.  

What defines your artistic style? How has it grown over the years?

Love Me was something personal. As it’s grown over the years it naturally turned into both a brand and people’s personal manifesto.

Did you attend an art school, similar to SCAD? Or are you self-taught? What’s the most helpful thing that you have learned about art?

No, I did not attend an art school. I am self-taught and have worked every day to make myself a better artist. The most helpful thing I have learned about art is you have to work at it constantly. Get up every day and make something new.

You have collaborated with many companies, brands and people, such as Nike, Kanye West, Vans, and SNL to name a few. What was your favorite collaboration? Or if you can’t name just one, what is your favorite part about collaborating? What are some difficulties?

I love collaborating with these brands because I get to merge my artistic style and voice with the style and voice of the brand. The “Love Me” campaign has taken on a life of its own that really inspires and affects people in a way that brands want to embody. My collaboration with MOO was a fun way to restructure my classic “Me” along with script sentiments that I think every creative entrepreneur can relate to.

What is unique about your collaboration with the printing company MOO? What is the best way to present yourself as professional but not lose your artistic, creative side?

I like MOO because it lets you market yourself in a professional and creative way that’s uniquely your own. Anyone can design their own cards to match their brand or style or they can buy cards created by artists like myself so they can share the art they connect with personally to the people they connect with professionally.

You can find these awesome business cards on MOO’s website. You can get 50 cards for $19.99. You’ll want to carry these everywhere with you. Give them out at interviews, art festivals, and career fairs.  You can also follow Curtis Kulig on Instagram and Twitter.

Lastly, in case you were not fully aware, MOO has a pretty sweet student discount and referral rewards – now is the perfect time to print your professional materials in style!

Pictures via MOO

High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World