women fists raised in air
women fists raised in air
Original Illustration by Gina Escandon for Her Campus Media

6 Ways to Celebrate Women’s History Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

As you may know, Women’s History Month is in March and there is so much to celebrate this month. From female trailblazers of the past to important female figures of the present, women have worked hard to make history and give us women’s rights. This month is the perfect time to celebrate women everywhere and what it means to be a woman. So, here are six ways you can celebrate:

• Spread awareness of Women’s History Month on social media

This is an easy way to celebrate and you’ll be spreading awareness about how great women truly are. Take the time each day to share an inspiring quote, picture, video, article, or anything regarding feminism on your social media feed. It’s so great to see Women’s History Month or any feminism content this time of year.

• Support a female-based charity

There are thousands of charities that are online that help support women and girls all over the world. Some of those charities can help women and girls get a proper education or they are to support women’s rights. This is a great way to support women everywhere and help them get what they want and deserve.

• Be aware of how important women’s rights are

Each year, Women’s History Month has a yearly theme. This year’s theme is “Valiant Women of the Vote”, which honors brave women who fought to win suffrage rights for women, and for the women who continue to fight for the voting rights of others. It took centuries before women were given their rights to vote, among several more women’s rights.

• Acknowledge and thank an important woman in your life

Whether it’s your mom, aunt, friend, professor, or mentor, the women who have played important roles of your life deserves some recognition. A kind way, like a thank you note or a gift, to acknowledge how a woman has inspired you can mean a lot to her. Maybe you just admire certain qualities about them and don’t say so enough. A show of love and gratitude is a meaningful gesture.

• Host a Women’s History Month event

Get a group of your girlfriends together and have a fun gathering to celebrate women. Have a dinner party and discuss different topics on sisterhood, watch movies that were by female directors, or any form of celebration for women and feminism. Just be sure to make it fun and empowering!

• Simply continue to support women everywhere

Women work to their ability to make a difference in the world. It is important that women support each other and motivate each other to follow their paths and their dreams. With the right amount of support, women can make the world a much greater place.

Let’s be sure to recognize and celebrate women this Women’s History Month. Here’s to the incredible women of the past, present, and yet to come who inspire us and others!

Naya West is an actor, singer, dancer, and content creator from Augusta, GA. She graduated from Savannah College of Art and Design. where she majored in Performing Arts and earned her B.F.A in Entertainment Arts. Naya also has her own personal blog, called Just Being Me, where she talks about her many life experiences and gives advice to others. Her hobbies and interests include cooking/baking, watching anime, reading, and making videos for her YouTube channel.
High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World