Life > Experiences

5 Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day in Atlanta

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

Some of you may have special dates planned with your significant other for Valentine’s Day, while others may be worried about what they’ll do or how the day may make them feel. However, don’t worry ladies! There are so many other cool, interesting ways you can celebrate love in Atlanta with your friends during this beautiful week!

1. Hot Air Balloon Festival 

Thursday, February 14th to Sunday, February 17th, 2019

This year is the first year that Atlanta is providing us with the special chance to make some really great memories Valentine’s Day weekend. This festival will provide food, music and a chance for a short, personal ride in a hot air balloon to see the beautiful night sky and Atlanta skyline. Since general admission is free, I’m going to put this on my list for sure!

2. Valentine’s in the Garden

Thursday, February 14th, 2019

No one said this event was just meant for couples! You and your friends can get an array of appetizers and desserts while enjoying the beautiful Atlanta Botanical Garden. You get to end the night by watching Orchid Daze, where several exotic orchids are presented in a unique manner. I definitely would want to consider this as an option for my friends and me. 

3. At the Georgia Aquarium 

Friday, February 15th, 2019

The Georgia Aquarium will have a Sips Under the Sea party where you will be able to access all their aquariums with a cocktail in your hand and tapas from Wolfgang Puck. 

4. Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors 

Open until February 17th, 2019

If you haven’t already, you should take advantage of the Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors exhibit at the High Museum of Art being extended to February 17th from originally being February 5th. Though there may not be much time left, with some planning, you can still wake up early in the morning and be one of the people who gets those 100 walk-up tickets until February 10th.

5. Candytopia

Opens February 8th, 2019 

With this really cool pop-up opening in Atlanta this week, I definitely see how everyone can take advantage of it. You can take some really cute pictures with each other while also making some great memories and check it off of your Atlanta bucket list.

I hope this helps and you all have a wonderful week and Happy Valentine’s Day to all!

Minoti Benegal

SCAD ATL '21

I am a Fashion Marketing and Management major just looking for ways to continuously creatively express myself.