This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

Queens, it’s week nine of the quarter. Can you believe we only have one more week of classes before summer starts? 

2018 has brought us some phenomenal films such as Black Panther, A Quiet Place, and Love, Simon. There are so many movies coming out next month that we just had to share a few that you must-see in June. 

Here’s a list of movies you need to see next month:

The Incredibles 2

Move over, kids. This movie is not meant for you, but for us older millennials who’ve been waiting 14 years for the sequel. The Incredibles 2 resumes where the first film left off. The Parr family struggle to maintain normal lives while Helen (Holly Hunter), as Elastigirl, continues to fight crime and campaign for the return of “supers.” Bob (Craig T. Nelson) stays at home coming for Violet (Sarah Vowell) and Dash (Huck Milner) while discovering Jack-Jack’s secret powers in the process and fighting a new villain with ally Frozone (Samuel L. Jackson). There’s no doubt that this movie won’t be a summer favorite. Grab your popcorn and some tissue because all know Pixar loves to make us laugh and cry at the same time.

Out Friday June 15th

Ocean’s Eight 

Everyone loves a good heist film. And when you have a star cast like Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, Mindy Kaling, Sarah Paulson, Rihanna, Helen Bonham Carter, and Awkwafina, how can you resist? Ocean’s Eight follows Debbie Ocean (Sandra Bullock) as she attempts to pull off the heist of the century at New York City’s star-studded annual Met Gala with the perfect crew by her side to help her do it. While the film is about scheming, it’s all about women-empowerment. Get your squad together and watch the ladies of Ocean’s Eight slay the screen.

Out Friday June 8th

Adrift

What if you mixed Titanic and The Perfect Storm and made it into a movie? You would get the upcoming film Adrift. Based on a true story, Adrift follows Richard Sharp (Sam Clafin) and Tami Oldham (Shailene Woodley) and their chance encounter leads them first to love, and then on the adventure of a lifetime before they face one of the most catastrophic hurricanes in recorded history. It’s bound to be a tearjerker and a thriller at the same time. It’s definitely a potential date night movie to see with your significant other.

Out Friday June 1st

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

With the success of Jurassic World, the sequel Fallen Kingdom was bound it happen. The film follows Owen (Chris Pratt) and Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard) as they mount a campaign to rescue the remaining dinosaurs from this extinction-level event after Isla Nublar’s dormant volcano begins roaring to life. If you’re a fan of the series, you’ll definitely want to see it next month. It’s just something about dinosaurs.

Out Friday June 22nd

Action Point

If you’re a fan of the Jackass series or just love cheesy-stupid humor, Action Point is the film for you. The movies follows D.C. (Johnny Knoxville) as his loony crew of misfits try to save their low-rent, out-of-control amusement park. Everyone knows Johnny Knoxville loves to make us laugh in the most ridiculous ways. It’s no doubt that Action Point will be another film added to his signature collection. 

Out Friday June 1st

Get your money together now! Don’t be the one friend that doesn’t see anything but is upset by all the spoilers you see. 

Dominique is a 2018 graduate of SCAD Atlanta, where she received her MFA in Writing, and a chapter advisor for Her Campus. She hails from Greensboro, NC and is a proud HBCU grad from the illustrious Winston-Salem State University. When Dominique is not writing, she teaches it. She is all about writers being their authentic selves, even if it makes other people uncomfortable.
High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World