5 Fun Easter Ideas for Collegiates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

As a kid, Easter is a magical time. You get to put on a fancy bonnet, open up your Easter basket and dye some eggs. If you are catholic, you might even go to mass. If you are an atheist, you’ll probably watch an Easter special on ABC Family (now known as Free Form). But how do we celebrate when we get older? Here are some ideas.

1. Dye Easter Eggs with Friends

Image courtesy of Dabble.org.

It’s way better to decorate now that you are older. Trust me on this. You can do way more complicated designs. Before your parents would pick the easiest Easter Dying Kit so that you wouldn’t ruin your clothes or their new table. Now you get to pick. Go crazy. Pick that kit with the stickers for once.

2. Truth or Hare

Image courtesy of Pinterest.

This is a great college drinking game perfect for adult Easter festivities. Fill a bowl with plastic eggs with each egg either filled with a shot of alcohol or a dare written on a slip of paper. Everybody takes turns picking eggs; if they get one with alcohol, they take the shot and if they get a dare, they have to do it or take a shot. It’s a little sacreligious but a h*ll of a good time. You can even fill the eggs with jello shots.

3. Have an Easter Egg Hunt

Image courtesy of SouthPortEasterEggHunt.com.

As a college student, what better way to get free food and have a good time? Or instead of filling the plastic eggs with food, you can do it with cash. Okay, I’m not talking about with twenty or fifty dollar bills here. Convince your parents to do it with spare change. It’s super fun and you can use the change for laundry money.

4. Go See Zootopia

Image courtesy of Wegotthiscovered.com.

Granted, it’s not a typical Easter film, but it’s got a crime fighting bunny. This fact alone makes the film more interesting than the Charlie Brown Special. The film is hilarious. I was crying thanks to a sloth named Flash. I never thought I’d say that in a sentence.

5. Have a Friends-Easter

Image courtesy of Quoteimg.com.

It definitely doesn’t roll off the tongue like Friends-Giving, but it still can be fun. You don’t have to cook a fancy dinner either. You can cook egg-related dishes. Eggs are always on the college budget. You could also get food dye and make the food in Easter pastels.

Jordan Di Pirro was born in Detroit, Michigan. She lived there for most of her life until coming to Atlanta for school. At SCAD she is a television production major with a minor in writing. She may or may not have a Harry Potter obsession. Her friends are currently planning an intervention on her behalf. Please send an email if interested in attending.