20 Things To Do While in Quarantine & Social Distancing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

With COVID-19 still around, we are social distancing and staying cautious of our surroundings. We’re being forced to stay in our homes for the safety of our health and the fact that we’re in these difficult times is scary. However, this isn’t the end of the world. This is the opportunity to do activities or take on important tasks, while keeping a safe distance from others. Here are some ideas of what you can do:

• Go outside for some fresh air
  • Binge watch a show you haven’t watched yet
  • Have a Netflix Watch Party with your friends
  • Have a ZOOM Party with your friends
  • Start a new book
  • Take an online yoga class
  • Cook a new recipe for yourself or for your family
  • Play board games or Jackbox TV Party Pack with your family
  • Check in on your elderly relatives
  • Write in a journal
  • Clean/Organize your room or work space
  • Meditate
  • Treat yourself to a skin care routine (face masks, face scrubs, moisturizers, etc.)
  • Take a bath
  • Get into painting or anything crafty
  • Download Tik Tok and learn a dance
  • Watch the movies people have been recommending you for weeks
  • Video chat with your college friends who moved back home
  • Learn a new language
  • Do some online shopping (just don’t go crazy..)

Remember to stay safe, wash your hands, and practice social distancing. This pandemic won’t last forever. Soon we’ll be able to interact with others when it’s safe. Just be patient.

Naya West is an actor, singer, dancer, and content creator from Augusta, GA. She graduated from Savannah College of Art and Design. where she majored in Performing Arts and earned her B.F.A in Entertainment Arts. Naya also has her own personal blog, called Just Being Me, where she talks about her many life experiences and gives advice to others. Her hobbies and interests include cooking/baking, watching anime, reading, and making videos for her YouTube channel.
High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World