This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

After you both have spent your money touring all the obligatory Atlanta tourist attractions, or if you’re more into casual yet romantic dates on a budget, here are some ideas for you!

Under $5 AND Walking Distance:

1. SCAD FASH, the Trois Gallery and 1600 Gallery

I know what you’re thinking, but hitting all three can make for a great and convenient date. Don’t take these spots for granted just because you pass by them all the time, the exhibits are always changing! For SCAD students these are all free to go to, but if your date is not from SCAD, they’ll have to pay $5 to enter SCAD FASH.

2. The High Museum and Octane

This is a great one because you can take the shuttle to ACA or walk about 15 minutes from the 1600 building. If you become a High Museum member (which I would highly recommend doing, there is a student discounted $26 year pass, where tickets are normally around $15 — it will pay for itself after going twice) and when you bring a guest, their ticket price is reduced to $5. The permanent exhibits are always awesome and it’s interesting to see the travelling exhibits there. If nothing else, it can also be a great place to sketch! Plus, nearly every Friday evening, The High features live music and half-priced tickets — perfect for dress up date.  While you’re there, you might as well swing by Octane for coffee. Rumor has it they will soon be replaced by another coffee shop so grab some cheap coffee there while you can!

3. Picnic in Piedmont Park

Or just go for a walk, jog, sketch, or participate in one of the many events always going on there! Admission to the park is completely free, all it’ll cost you is the thirty-minute scenic walk it takes to get over there!

4. Atlantic Station Free Movie Showings on the Lawn

Regal isn’t the only place to catch a movie in Atlantic Station! Occasionally, Atlantic Station will show free movie screenings on Friday nights (usually oldies but goodies) on the lawn, especially around holidays. This is awesome not just because you get a free movie, but some restaurants will offer discounted meal options when movies are being shown!  These movies will get in full swing in May.

$15-20 Walking Distance Dates:

5. The Botanical Gardens

I can’t say much about these since I still haven’t been (but am dying to), but tickets are just over $20. It’s hard to find reminders nature exists in Atlanta, and from what I’ve seen, these gardens are gorgeous and seem like a great place to sketch or just peruse.

6. The Museum of Puppetry Arts

As a Spring House resident, I always passed it and never knew what the hell it was before I checked it out, and boy was I glad I did! ATTENTION ALL ANIMATION MAJORS: The Museum of Puppetry Arts is home to stop motion puppets from the Corpse Bride and Coraline. As an animation major myself, I was completely geeking out when I saw these; I felt like I had just met a celebrity. It’s worth the money just to see these! They also have cool travelling exhibitions; when I went, Jim Henson’s puppets from Sesame Street and the Labyrinth were being displayed. If you and your date appreciate animation or movies in general, this is a great place to check out.

7. DaVinci’s Pizza

I personally have a weakness for any pizza with ricotta cheese on it and DaVinci’s always hits the spot. If you’re looking for a delicious and unique pizza option on a budget, DaVinci’s is definitely the place to go! You can’t even feel that bad about stuffing your face with their tasty pizza, it’s about a 15 minute walk from the 1600 building.

8. Egg Harbor

There’s only two things I love more than pizza: breakfast and brunch. As a connoisseur of breakfast and brunch foods, I can tell you with much assurance that Egg Harbor has the most unique menu of any breakfast place I’ve tried. The atmosphere also makes you feel like you’re in a small town breakfast joint even when you’re right in the middle of the city. Their menu ranges from healthy to guilty pleasure. I’ve never taken a picture of my food when it comes out before but I almost did when I was handed my plate. You’ll probably end up spending around $10 per person.

$15-20 Driving Distance Dates

9. Stone Mountain

It’s $15 to park your car, but otherwise completely free! As a Tennessee mountain girl, going hiking and looking at the views Stone Mountain has to offer was so refreshing. The park is huge, and you could spend hours exploring!

Possibly the most gorgeous view of Atlanta!

10. Elmyr and Little Five Points:

Elmyr has the only free parking lot I’ve seen at Little Five Points, AND the best burritos-it’s a win-win! After you grab a burrito (and if you’re hungry the chips and queso), you can go thrifting and poke around Little Five Points. The record store there (Criminal Records) often has CD signings and concerts, and the whole area feels alive and is perfect for a date.

Want to branch out and explore more of the city on a dime, check out these Atlanta hacks and with a little strategy, make your way through the city on little to nothing.  Happy Hunting!