Women of Bonaventure & How They Rock

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

At Bonaventure professors and students all encourage one another no matter their gender. As a woman on campus I feel comfortable taking risks to obtain leadership roles within clubs on campus and also taking risks in my academics. I feel comfortable taking these risks because I know the Bonaventure community will be there to support me.

You always have a few outliers though. There are some men and women on campus who do not take the advancement of women in society seriously, but this is such a small minority on campus I have no idea who these people are. People at Bonaventure look out for one another, that’s the best part about the Bona bubble.

If you do not feel comfortable on campus there are people everywhere to support you. The counseling center is always there for session, but different clubs on campus are there strictly to support you and your passions as a woman. Clubs such as Protect the Pact, which raises awareness of sexual harassment and aiming to teach others how to stop it from happening. We want to keep the ‘wolf pack’ safe and educate our fellow students so they can protect Bonnies. Clubs like this show how students at Bonaventure treat each other with respect and as family members. After all we are all bonnies.

Pittsburgh native, coffee lover, reading enthusiust
I'm a Junior Strategic Communications major at Saint Bonaventure University, also known as the greatest place on earth. Hobbies include eating ridiculous amounts of food, watching Scandal and swimming. I'm probably wearing converse.