yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

As we are in the peak of grape season, wine tours are in full swing, which is practically fashion week for wine lovers. It is a great time to showcase your trendy fall fits that can be posted all over your Insta. Now, if you aren’t familiar with what a wine tour is, it’s basically gathering all your friends, renting a limo bus, hitting a bunch of wineries, and getting drunk with your friends (sorry, not sorry). I am from Geneva which is in the heart of the Finger Lakes. It is on the tip of Seneca Lake, which has the most wineries all around it. Living in wine country, my friends and I love having a reason to go on a wine tour because they are an absolute blast.

Going to wine tasting is a perfect excuse to wear very extra outfits, because let’s face it… it has an amazing background that spices up your Instagram aesthetic. Fall has to be my favorite season because you can layer different pieces to spice up your fit that much more. Different layering pieces, accessories and shoes like over-the-knee boots, booties, plaid scarfs, funky earrings, vests or cardigans are the best way to spice up your basic fall fit.

You can wear over-the-knee boots with anything. Looking for a dressier look, try pairing the boots with a dress or skirt, and jeans or leggings to go casual. They make your legs look slimmer and longer and just overall flattering on all body types. Booties are also a great go-to fall shoe and you can never go wrong with this option. You can also wear booties with jeans, leggings, skirts, and dresses.

Another wine-tour-worthy outfit is sweaters. There are so many ways to style sweaters for any type of look you are going for. Something that gets overlooked in my opinion is styling a sweater with a skirt. It is a very put together fit that looks very chic. If you are into the cozy look, try a turtle neck sweater. Put your hair into a high ponytail or messy bun with a funky pair of tortoiseshell earrings, or with a plaid blanket scarf.

Lastly, layering with vests and cardigans. If the weather is more on the cool side, because you never know fall in October, something warmer might be the go-to for that day. My favorite fall piece I always wear is a vest. Layering over sweaters, flannels, turtle necks and long sleeve shirts are quick and easy outfits but can be styled classy and chic. You can also layer turtle necks, long sleeves, and flannels under a cardigan with jeans and over the knee boots and still can be wine-tour-worthy.

Now, go ahead and plan a wine tour with your besties so you can showcase your trendy fall fits!

I am a senior strategic communications major at St. Bonaventure University. I love everything to do with fashion and lifestyle!
As an honors student of St. Bonaventure University, it is my objective to pursue a career that will complement my passion for working with people, my dedication to exceeding goals, and my motivation to innovate. The industries that I hope to make a difference in are fashion, media, and business.