This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

I, like many other avid Swifties, predicted that last Sunday at the Grammys Taylor would be announcing the release of Reputation (Taylor’s Version). 

All the signs were there: her profile picture being changed to black and white the morning of the event, the very obviously rep-coded outfit. Or so we thought. 

Luckily, we were wrong again and not only did Miss Swift take home two Grammys (one of which made history by making her the first person ever to win Album of the Year four times) but she also announced the release of her brand-new album The Tortured Poets Department which will release on April 19. 

I have literally not shut up about it. And I don’t plan on it any time soon. 

While I patiently wait for what I know will most definitely be another one of Taylor’s masterpieces, I have been listening to the entire discography of the music industry herself in preparation (this is actually all I have ever and probably will ever listen to).

Through this process I have found what I believe are some of Taylor’s most underrated songs.

I do have to preface this by saying that if you are a big fan, you probably know these songs. But this is more a list for people just getting into Taylor or who are not super into her.  

So, like Taylor after she performs her acoustic section of the tour – Let’s Dive In!

Cold As YOu

Cold as you from Taylor’s debut album was the first ever track five. (Taylor’s track fives are notoriously very special to her and notably some of her most heart-wrenching ballads). 

In my opinion, this is the best song on Taylor’s first album. 

She also wrote this song when she was 14 years old. This fact always amazes me. I don’t even think I had real feelings when I was 14 let alone be able to express them in such a relatable but also intelligent way. 

“And you come away with a great little story Of a mess of a dreamer with the nerve to adore you”

Cold As You, Taylor Swift

Tied Together with a smile

White Horse (Taylor’s Version)

You may be thinking, “What! White Horse was super popular”. The key word here is was. White horse was released as the second single from Taylor’s second album Fearless. It is also a track five (my favorites on every album duh). 

Since its original release, I think people forgot just how incredible this song is. Even when Fearless (Taylor’s Version) was released it felt that the mastery of this song was being ignored. 

I think this was the first time people started to take Taylor seriously as a lyricist. Some critics even questioned whether or not she actually wrote the song (leading her to write her next album completely solo). 

“My mistake, I didn’t know to be in love You had to fight to have the upper hand”

White Horse (Taylor’s Version), Taylor Swift

YOu all over me (feat. Maren Morris) (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault)

Castles Crumbling (feat. Hayley Williams) (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault)

Castles Crumbling is a relatedly new song and I feel that we forgot about it way too soon. I really can’t blame people though when Taylor just keeps releasing more and more music. 

And are you kidding me with that feature Hayley Williams of Paramore! This is literally the collab of my dreams. 

This song was released as a vault track on Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) which came out this past summer. 

Also knowing that this song was probably influenced by the infamous events of the 2009 MTV Music Awards makes It that much more heartbreaking that Taylor thought she was reaching the end of her stardom. Little did she know. 

“And here I sit alone, behind walls of regret Falling down like promises that I never kept”

Castles Crumbling (feat. Hayley Williams) (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault), Taylor Swift

The Moment I Knew (Taylor’s Version)

The opening of this song gets me every time. The cellos are absolutely beautiful I also get a little teary-eyed every time I listen to it (this is one of the only songs where I feel it is okay to listen to the original). You can just hear the pain and disappointment in her voice. 

“I try not to fall apart And the sinking feeling starts As I say hopelessly ‘He said he’d be here’”

The Moment I Knew (Taylor’s Version), Taylor Swift

Wow. When I started this I didn’t realize just how many of these songs I felt passionately about until I started writing them. This is getting to be pretty long so I guess I will continue next week with a part 2. Stay tuned Swifties!

Delaney Chase is the co-campus correspondent for the St. Bonaventure University Her Campus chapter. She works with the other campus correspondent and various board members to communicate with the rest of the Her Campus community as well as edit articles and lead weekly meetings. Delaney is a junior and is currently studying journalism and political science. She also is a writer for TAP into Greater Olean, an online news platform in the St. Bonaventure area, as well as a captain of the St. Bonaventure Women's Club Basketball team and Vice President of SBU for Equality. She enjoys hearing and sharing experiences with those of similar interests and enjoys being involved in different activities across the SBU campus. She finds this a great way to gain connections with those at her university and in nearby areas. She is enjoys the ability to gain experience and further her knowledge of the communications field. Outside of her time in school, Delaney loves listening to Taylor Swift and will take absolutely any opportunity to bring her up in conversation. She can often be found at the campus Starbucks with her friends ordering a pumpkin spice latte or brown sugar oat milk shaken espresso. She enjoys reading classic novels but also loves watching the trashiest reality TV shows.