Transferred Transformations: Shannon Keller

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Name: Shannon Keller

Age: 19

Year: Sophomore

Major: biology, pre-med

Hometown: East Aurora, New York

Her Campus: What brought you to Bonnies?

Shannon Keller: “I transferred to Bonnies from Ohio University. I transferred here because I wanted to come home(ish) and Bonnies actually has 100% acceptance rate from a bachelor degree [from] here into other medical graduate programs! I have heard so many great things about Bonnies, so I decided it would be a good choice.”

HC: Do you think you made the right choice?

SK: I definitely think I made the right choice, even just being 2 weeks here! There is a real sense of community. Everyone holds the door for each other, people really go out of their way for others, and the professors are so friendly and approachable.”

HC: How is Bonaventure different from your previous school?

SK: “Before when I went to Ohio, everyone was like ‘Oh, the people are so nice here!’ and that statement didn’t really stand out to me; however, here at Bonnies, when people say that people are so nice here, it is genuinely true. It’s smaller, and that’s what I think really makes the difference. My professors know me by name and I can get help in classes so much easier, so I genuinely know I’m going to be successful here.”

HC: Any tips for other transfer students thinking about joining the ‘Bona Bubble?’

SK: “I think this school is definitely a great choice for transfers, it wasn’t scary at all! I already met so many great people here just in a few weeks and I feel very comfortable here! Academically, I get the attention I want and more from my professors to help me get through.”

HC: What is your dream job?

SK: “I want to be a physician’s assistant at the end of my academic career. I am a people person, and this way I can explore the medical field from the emergency room, to pediatrics, to even neurology.”

HC: What are your favorite things to do?

SK: “I love to snowboard (in Ellicottville), I like to be outdoors almost all the time, and I love to cook!”

HC: What are three things you absolutely CANNOT live without?

SK: “There is no way I could live without coffee, summer, and country music.”

HC: Favorite show to binge watch?

SK: “I binge watch ‘Sons of Anarchy’ like it’s my job.”

HC: If you could spend the day with anyone, (dead or alive) who would you spend it with and why?

SK: “If I could spend a day with anyone, it would be the Pope because it would just be interesting.”

HC: What’s your favorite spot on campus?

SK: “So far, my favorite spot on campus is the Allegany River Trail!”

HC: Soda or Pop?

SK: “POP.”

HC: What are you most excited for this coming year?

SK: “This year I am most excited for the basketball games and going to Holiday Valley on the weekends in winter!”

Photo Credit: Shannon Keller

Buffalo native, creative by nature.
I'm a Junior Strategic Communications major at Saint Bonaventure University, also known as the greatest place on earth. Hobbies include eating ridiculous amounts of food, watching Scandal and swimming. I'm probably wearing converse.