This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Okay so I admit it, I am Pinterest OBSESSED. When I made the valiant choice to delete my social media last year, this app was the only exception to not delete.

Pinterest is the media without the social. And let’s be honest, people suck!

Where else can you get whimsically lost in vintage fashion, the planning of your future wedding, quirky memes, and life inspiration?

Out of the 4,038 things that I have pinned, nearly 20 percent of them are under my board called “quotes”. Here are some recent quotes I have pinned that have helped me get through this semester:

“Let July be July and let August be August.”

Morgan Harper Nichols

The rest of the quote is as follows: “And let yourself just be even in the uncertainty. You don’t have to fix everything. You don’t have to solve everything. And you can still find peace and grow in the wild of changing things.”

I remember reading this a few years back in a season of my life where I was persistently set on solving everything for everyone instead of simply being.

This prevented me from living in the present moment. I was so set on imposing my expectations of how things should be that I did not let myself marvel at the beauty of the way things are.

“You’ll be suprised by the many talents hidden within you if you gave yourself permission to be a beginner.”

Who made the rule that you cannot learn something new later in life? That was silly.

Not only is it fun to pick up a new skill, but it also builds patience, is beneficial for your mental health, and gives you the satisfaction of progress.

I would love to learn how to ballroom dance (so I can live out my dream of being an 18th-century debutante), knit, and cook.

Being new at something is not a bad thing, even if you are in a room of experts. We might as well make the most out of life and learn as much as we can while we have the opportunity.

“If you avoid the conflict to keep the peace, you start a war inside yourself.”

I have recently pinned a lot of quotes that talk about this idea of facing the things that are in your life such as conflict. Another quote by Virginia Woolf goes “You cannot find peace by avoiding life.”

I think this is so important because a lot of us were taught that it is better to hide our emotions instead of having hard conversations.

There is no growth if we are not actively working through the things that are causing us pain.

“If you get tired learn to rest, not to quit.”

It is easy to get caught up in the busyness of daily life. College life can become extremely overwhelming at times. Sometimes I think about quitting school and joining a traveling band and I pray my boyfriend makes enough money so I will never have to work.

In all seriousness, learning to know when to take a break even when there is work to do is a skill that is worthwhile to learn. As much as your body needs it, so does your mind.

“Hey, sorry I acted weird the other night, I was trying so hard to act normal that it backfired.”

This one is just super relatable, so much of the content on this app just caters to my weirdness. I genuinely do not know how to be normal and I love that about me!

Kim Mitchell is a member of the SBU Her Campus chapter. This is her second year writing for the site. Kim covers advice and experience pertaining to college life and emotional well-being. She also covers popular media such as trending telivision shows and books. Kim is currently a senior at St.Bonaventure University. She is pursuing a bachelor of arts in psychology and a spanish minor with aspirations to attain a masters in clinical mental health counseling. When she is not writing you can find Kim singing in her church's worship band, outside enjoying nature, or curled up with a good book. She is always down to challenge you in a game of Mario Kart, knowing full well she will probably be in last place.