The Songs I Think Taylor Swift Will Play on Tour

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

On Nov. 1, Taylor Swift announced she would be going on the road in 2023 for her The Eras Tour. If you are a Swiftie like me, this is probably something you only saw happening in your Wildest Dreams. So, break out your wallets and get ready to cough up some serious cash for what Taylor described on her Instagram post as “a journey through the musical eras of my career (past and present).” Also appearing with Taylor at different shows across the U.S. will be Paramore, beabadoobee, Phoebe Bridgers, girl in red, MUNA, HAIM, GAYLE, Gracie Abrams, and OWENN. As a fan of many of these artists, I have not yet recovered from this announcement. 

Taylor hasn’t been on tour since 2018 when her sixth album Reputation became the highest-grossing tour ever in North America. So not only does this concert consist of the four albums she released since then but also her first six albums she is in the process of re-recording. As a fan of just about every song Miss Swift has ever released, I have no idea how she is going to decide which songs she is going to choose to perform. But, I will make my best attempt at a guess!

Self-Titled Album

I could only see Taylor playing a couple of songs from this album, as it is her oldest and features her least experienced work. Some singles that I could definitely see her performing are Picture to Burn and Our Song, as they are pretty iconic, even to those who aren’t fans of her music

Fearless

I personally would LOVE for her to play Forever & Always (Piano Version) and the From The Vault song Mr. Perfectly Fine. Honestly, I would be happy screaming any song on this album in a room full of Swifties (and Taylor herself of course).

Speak Now

With the recent popularity of the song on TikTok, I think Taylor will probably perform Enchanted. I hope we also get Haunted and/or Better Than Revenge as they are some of the more upbeat songs (but not necessarily upbeat lyrics) on the album. I think Long Live would be a great closer to the show due to the history behind the song for both Taylor and the fans.

Red

You already know what song I’m going to talk about next and you may be thinking, “do we really need Taylor to perform a 10-minute sad song about a man she dated for three months?” and the answer to that question is of course, YES. The rock performance of We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together performed at the 1989 World Tour is one of the best things I have ever seen and to see it live I think I would simply pass away. Also for those of you at one of the shows with Phoebe Bridgers to hear Nothing New live just know you are living my dream.

1989

Being the first (Taylor’s Version) song on this album, I would assume Taylor is planning to perform Wildest Dreams. Blank Space and Shake It Off will also most definitely be performed as they are some of her most popular songs. 

Reputation

Being such a popular album and tour, I would guess we will hear more than a couple of songs from the Reputation album. Hopefully, this includes Delicate, Gorgeous, and Getaway Car. New Year’s Day on the piano would also be a great way to transition to her slower music.

Lover

Being that there was supposed to be a LoverFest in 2020 that got canceled due to COVID-19, I bet Taylor has a bunch of surprises in store for these songs including mashups and remixes she will perform. Some that I really hope we get to hear are Cruel Summer, Lover, and Death By A Thousand Cuts.

Folklore

For this album, I hope we get a mash-up of cardigan, august, and betty. These three songs not only express the iconic love triangle of James, Betty, and Augustine but encompass the entire album as a whole.

Evermore

Unfortunately, Evermore is most likely Taylor’s least favorite of her children, as she conveniently forgets to talk celebrate or even talk about it so I would. Be kind of surprised if she plays more than one or two songs from this album. Every swiftie wants to hear champagne problems live and those at the shows with HIAM will probably get nobody, no crime. 

Midnights

Since this is Taylor’s newest album this will probably have the most songs featured at the shows. We will definitely get Anti-Hero, and Bejeweled. Lavender Haze would be as good of an opener to the show as it is to the album.

Mash-Ups 

Should’ve Said No/Bad Blood 

She did this on her Reputation Stadium Tour and it was so good!!! It made the classic country that is Should’ve Said No into a poppy-rock song. This mixed with the way she performed it on the 2009 Fearless Tour would be a chef’s kiss. 

Style/Love Story/You Belong With Me

This is another mash-up she did at the Reputation Stadium Tour that works together perfectly and is a good way to sing a bunch of her super-popular music.

Karma/Vigilante Shit

I think this would be a great mash-up and we might get a couple of different ones from the Midnights album since the vibe of a lot of the songs are pretty similar. 

This is probably way more than the number of songs Taylor can possibly play in one night but she just has so many great songs! Tickets for the show come out on Nov. 18 at 10 p.m., so you can get tickets to the location closest to you then. Don’t buy tickets for the June 17 show in Pittsburg though. Who would want to go to Pennsylvania anyway? Where even is that?

Delaney Chase is the co-campus correspondent for the St. Bonaventure University Her Campus chapter. She works with the other campus correspondent and various board members to communicate with the rest of the Her Campus community as well as edit articles and lead weekly meetings. Delaney is a junior and is currently studying journalism and political science. She also is a writer for TAP into Greater Olean, an online news platform in the St. Bonaventure area, as well as a captain of the St. Bonaventure Women's Club Basketball team and Vice President of SBU for Equality. She enjoys hearing and sharing experiences with those of similar interests and enjoys being involved in different activities across the SBU campus. She finds this a great way to gain connections with those at her university and in nearby areas. She is enjoys the ability to gain experience and further her knowledge of the communications field. Outside of her time in school, Delaney loves listening to Taylor Swift and will take absolutely any opportunity to bring her up in conversation. She can often be found at the campus Starbucks with her friends ordering a pumpkin spice latte or brown sugar oat milk shaken espresso. She enjoys reading classic novels but also loves watching the trashiest reality TV shows.