This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

One hugely important aspect of who I am is the fact that I am a HUGE feeler. I feel for everything, for everyone, and when I feel, I FEEL HARD.

But, as a feeler, it is also super important to me that people recognize that feeling isn’t just correlated with the traditional “Oh, I’m sad” or “I’m super mad” kind of feelings. There is feeling associated with everything, and feelings are often so physical, so one of my favorite things is taking a step back to acknowledge a feeling that isn’t so popularly categorized in today’s life.

So, here are some niche things that are my favorite feelings in the WORLD:

The last 10 minutes of a road trip

The excitement. The butterflies in the stomach. I can feel it now.

Turning your music off so you can watch the road or watch the miles tick away on the GPS in front of you, getting cheery with your whole entire family or friend group, finding it hard to stay still in your seat, packing the loose items from your “car bag” back into it, and so on, make these ten minutes go by in such a fun, anxious in a good way, and exciting manner.

EXTRA special when you can see your destination in the distance.

Post movie theater euphoria

I absolutely LOVE the movie theater. When asked my favorite place in the world, my answer is frequently, the movie theater. I love going with my friends or my sister, and feel blessed going to a school where the nearest theater is right across the street.

Upon exiting the movie theater with my friends and closest girls, we began to notice a theme of feeling so giggly, happy, and almost like a brand new person. We termed this “post movie theater euphoria”. Under this feeling, we have had so many laughs, memorable conversations, music scream sessions, and the best moments.

This may just be unique to us, but I hope someone out there feels a similar sort of way upon leaving the theater.

This is ESPECIALLY true when you go in during daylight and come out and it’s dark.

decorating for christmas

I mean this is pretty self explanatory, unless you’re Scrooge or The Grinch.

The cheer, the vibes, the music playing throughout the house. It sets the scene for a perfect evening with friends, family, or even yourself. Putting the tree up is a happiness comparable to winning the lottery in my heart.

As December quickly approaches, take time to really immerse yourself in the feelings that come with decorating your space. I promise, it’s great.

getting a haircut

(Especially if you haven’t in a while)

I’ve always been a long hair girl, but spontaneously cut a foot off before coming to college. Since I had not cut it since being a young tween, words cannot express how good it felt. You LITERALLY feel a weight off of your shoulders.

Even if you aren’t cutting a foot off like me, and even just getting a trim, your head feels lighter, your hair feels healthier and you feel sort of brand new!

The holiday season is approaching girlies! I want to see some new hairstyles. I am soooo pro getting bangs!

getting under a blanket after shaving your legs

I mean, c’mon. It’s heaven.

I feel like I don’t need to elaborate much on this. But, seriously girls, this is one of my favorite things.

Scoring high on a test you thought you did horrible on

This has definitely happened to be numerous times. I walk out of a test being like “what the heck was that”, feeling so unsure of myself, and then I get the grade back and it’s way higher than anticipated.

The confidence boost, the sigh of “I need to keep my grade up” relief, and the mini celebration that follows are incredible. Relish in this feeling, and don’t doubt yourself again.

I hope this feeling comes to you soon if necessary, especially with finals season approaching!

Realizing its Friday

For some odd reason I never can wake up and just know its Friday. I have to realize it at some point during the day, whether that be as soon as my feet hit the floor, while I’m getting ready, in my first class, in line for lunch, or even getting dinner.

Despite feeling silly for not realizing prior, being able to say my token “OMG IT’S FRIDAY” is just a supreme kind of feeling. I could literally jump up and down, no matter the time of day.

I also feel like sometimes I know it’s Friday, but I totally forget until I randomly remember at some point and can, once again, be like “OMG IT’S FRIDAY”. Such an incredible feeling.

Even if you know it’s Friday, the second you open your eyes, isn’t it still such a great feeling?

Shoutout to Fridays.

Cleaning your room but finding a bunch of things you forgot about that make you stop cleaning your room

Is it a distraction? Yes. Is the nostalgia blissfully incredible? Yes!

I love finding random memories, things I bought and forgot about, things that I don’t even remember abandoning and especially things I thought I lost.

Despite the fact these discoveries often make me stop cleaning and make the process a few hours longer, I wouldn’t have it any other way. Nostalgia is our friend!

The first random 80 degree day in march

These always happen. Is it potentially due to climate change? Yes. But boy does it feel good.

I feel like I willfully ignore and deny my seasonal depression so passionately, and then suddenly it’s March and randomly sunny and 80 degrees and I feel like I’m on the craziest mix of drugs there is.

I feel like prancing through a field, running a marathon, running for president, and numerous other spontaneous crazy feelings associated with the sun being back. I personally wish everyday felt like this. I wish June and 80 felt like March and 80.

“Just smell the grass..the dirt… just like I dreamed it be”

Hearing your favorite song in public

I know for some, it is very rare to hear your favorite song in public because it isn’t a mainstream, plays on the radio everyday kind of song, and I respect that and feel for that. I resorted to playing mine in the dining hall and forcing everyone to live in MY moment.

Any chance you can hear your favorite song in public, is a beautiful one. I love snapping my head at the sound of the first two notes and freaking out to whoever I’m with like “OMG they’re playing—“.

This is especially nice if the song is playing and you notice anyone else getting excited, or even singing along. It makes you feel so seen!

Next time you are out and hear your song, you are the main character babe. You are literally in a coming of age indie movie, like slay.

Conclusion

This is only 10 things, but trust that I have at least 100 in the brain bank.

Now you don’t have to enjoy any or all of these things, that wasn’t the point of this. My main goal is to show you how feelings can be arbitrary moments, things you make up, or physical feelings.

If you find yourself reading these, I encourage you to think of some of your own things that are YOUR “the best feelings in the world”.

Feel things!

Fellow feelers, you have my heart.

Audney Burnside is a new writer for the St. Bonaventure Her Campus chapter. She publishes articles weekly, spanning the topics of music, lifestyle and popular culture. She hopes to further the amazing creativity that her chapter of Her Campus has to share with the world. Audney is currently a freshman at St. Bonaventure University, studying Public Health in the 3+2 Occupational Therapy Master's program. A new college student, as well as a new member of Her Campus, Audney brings her history of involvement in many programs at her high school, Le Roy Jr/Sr High School. She was the project manager of her chapter of the National Honor society, had the opportunity to write a couple of pieces for the local paper, served her community habitually as a member of her towns Rotary InterACT, and led a team in Scholastic Bowl. As well as Her Campus, Audney is a member of SBU’s honors program, SBU for Equality, and Bona Buddies. Apart from academics, Audney’s life revolves around the music she loves, outdoorsy adventures, and her best friends. Audney is a devoted cat mom and enthusiastic nature explorer, who loves kayaking with her family, takes way too much pride in her recent Taylor Swift concert attendance, and will bring up The Catcher in the Rye at any moment possible.