This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

I don’t often go to Sephora but…I’ll make an exception for the Tatcha skincare products.

Tatcha is a Japanese skincare brand that prioritizes healthy ingredients inside their products.

My first time trying Tatcha was on my birthday this year. I went to Sephora for my annual birthday gift.

There was a mini Tatcha gift set on display. It was a small face wash, a moisturizer and a primer. The other stuff was mostly one product. So, I picked Tatcha because why not? It was small, sounded interesting, and the packaging was so cute.

I put off trying it for a while because sometimes skincare from Sephora tends to make my skin worse, not better.

But, when I did give it a try I was in love.

The face wash? Beautiful. It was gentle on my face and didn’t make my face red or irritated. Here is the link for it because I think everyone should try it: The Rice Wash – Creamy Rice Powder Cleanser | Tatcha

The moisturizer was a bit heavier than other creams I’ve used before but it didn’t clog my pores. It was very rich and smelled very pleasant. And of course here is the link: The Dewy Skin Cream – Replenishing & Plumping Moisturizer | Tatcha

I still haven’t tried the primer because I don’t wear makeup very often.

Before I came back to school for my senior year I decided to go online and get the big stuff.

Now, usually I don’t like to spend a lot of money on skincare. But Tatcha is definitely worth it. At this point in the summer it was really hot and humid, so I didn’t think I wanted to try the heavy face wash and skin cream.

I decided to try the starter ritual for sensitive skin: The Starter Ritual – Calming & Soothing Set | Tatcha | Tatcha

It came with a cleansing oil, face wash, eye cream, moisturizer and something called The Essence.

The cleansing oil worked really well on taking off any makeup or dirt that I had on. I didn’t like the face wash so much because it was too grainy and I felt like it actually irritated my skin instead of soothed it. The moisturizer was perfect and didn’t cake up on my face. I think it’s actually the first product that I finished because the container was so small. The eye cream was really small but has lasted me the longest, and I did see a bit of a difference under my eyes. I’m not 100% sure what The Essence was really supposed to do. I kind of just patted it onto my face every once in a while.

Once I finished using all the products, I decided that Tatcha is a brand I’ll use only when I can afford it. But I’ll stick to using the products that made a difference on my face. I’ll probably do another round of products when I finish using my current skincare which is La Roche-Posay.

I’ll keep you posted on how that goes!

Hello! I'm a senior Journalism student with a minor in Criminology. I have a love for books, anime and cats. You can often find me curled up on the couch with a romance novel while sipping some coffee.