This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Name: Audrey Niblo

Hometown: Greenwich, Connecticut

Major: undecided science

Her Campus: “What activities are you involved in at Bonaventure?”

Audrey Niblo: “Currently, I write for Her Campus and The Odyssey.”

HC: “What’s your favorite thing about writing for Her Campus?”

AN: “I love writing for Her Campus because we’re allowed to write about almost anything we want. It’s also fun going to meetings with a great group of people, which I think we have at our chapter.”

HC: “What are your favorite kinds of things to write about?”

AN: “I love to write about cheerleading and I also love to write about dogs. I’ve actually written a story from my dog’s point of view— which was actually pretty funny.”

HC: “Coming into college as a freshman, you are constantly receiving advice on what to do and what not to do. What is something about freshman year that nobody told you?”

AN: “Something nobody ever told me was that everyone gets homesick; it is just a matter of when.”

HC: “Do you have any advice of your own?”

AN: “Definitely to leave your door open when you’re just hanging out in your room. Obviously if you’re doing homework, close it. But if you’re just doing nothing, leave it open. It’s a great way to meet people on your floor.”

HC: “How would you sum up freshman year at Bonaventure in only a few words?”

AN: “In a few words, it was exciting, difficult and fun!”

HC: “What is your favorite memory from this year?”

AN: “I’d have to say the basketball game right after Sister Margaret announced that she had cancer. Obviously, it is very sad that she has to go through that. But seeing how everyone pulled together and rallied for her made me very proud to be a Bonnie. Also, just thinking back on the energy in the Reilly Center that night—that was incredible. Out of all the games I went to this year, I think this one stands out the most in my mind.”

HC: “What is something about you that most people don’t know?”

AN: “Well, I’m pretty open about most things, but I’m really flexible. Like I can do a bridge and walk on my hands almost all the way back to my feet!”

HC: “What’s your favorite quote?”

AN: “‘There may be people who have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.’” —Derek Jeter

HC: “What are your top three favorite shows to binge watch on Netflix?”

AN: “In no order, ‘One Tree Hill,’ ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘Criminal Minds.’”

Photo courtesy of Audrey Niblo

St. Bonaventure University Journalism & Mass Communication and Strategic Communications & Digital Media double major. I'm from Binghamton, New York and SBU's Her Campus senior editor. My life is like my hair– messy and uncontrollable.
I'm a sophomore journalism and mass communication major at St. Bonaventure University.