This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Having an ipsy subscription is a great and inexpensive way to try out different products! Let’s unzip and see what’s inside…

1. E Nature

Birch Juice Hydro Sleeping Pack: I think my favorite thing to get in my ipsy bags is skincare— especially ones that are hydrating! I used this at night time as the last step of my nighttime skincare routine, and the next morning my face was plumped and moisturized! I like that the cream is light and did not clog my pores— meaning no breakouts, yay! The cream isn’t heavily fragranced, which I like, and overall just made my skin feel really nice and soft.

2. Ciaté London

Wonderwand Mascara in Black Magic: This mascara was really pretty! The brush shape reminded me of the Two Faced Better Than Sex Mascara because they both have that hourglass shaped fluffy brush that gets every itty bit lash you have! I did think this mascara worked well, but I wouldn’t consider it my new fave. I’m a mascara snob and very picky with mascaras! Everyone has their own preference with things— including mascaras! This mascara did make my eyelashes look nice, long, and really got every lash. I just prefer a little more drama, I want my lashes to look like I’m wearing false lashes! This mascara was nice for a “no makeup” makeup look, so I’ll definitely still use it now and again!

3. Nomad Cosmetics

Multi-Perfection Illuminating Bronzer Duo in Principessa: I was a bit skeptical when I opened this product because I’m not a fan of duo compact products. I think they are hard a little hard to work with, so I never reach for it as much as I do my other products that aren’t duo products. Besides the packaging, I did think the actual product itself was nice; it wasn’t patchy and it glided on the skin smoothly. This product was very pigmented and I found that it’s best to use a huge, very fluffy brush for the application. Just dab your large fluffy brush into the powder, swirl it around a little, then tap off the excess, and lightly brush your face for a “I don’t want the summer to end kind of glow.” This product would be great for travel if you don’t want to pack both a bronzer and a highlighter— this product gives you both! I also found that it works nicely as eyeshadow. Lightly dust the bronze shade in your crease and lid, then use the highlighter on your brow bone and inner corner. Your classmates/coworkers will think you spent a lot of time for that strobing look you have going on— but with this product it’s so fast and simple!

4. Eva NYC 

Zero Gravity Volume Powder: I love messy beachy waves with major volume, and this product definitely helped me achieve my favorite hair look! Depending how much texture you want depends on how much product you put in! I start in the roots for a little volume, and then build it up depending on what I’m feeling that day! If you like super smooth hair, this product is NOT for you. BUT, if you want that boho inspired look, add this product, throw in some curls and braids and you’re good to go!

5. Smashbox Cosmetics 

PHOTO FINISH RADIANCE PRIMER Last but not least, this gorgeous primer! Smashbox Cosmetics has awesome primers, and we can add this one to the list! I love glowy skin because I want my skin to look as natural as possible, not cake faced. This product helps with that! I patted it into my skin around my face avoiding my T-Zone, because I tend to get a little oiler there and I want my glow to be on the high points of my face! This smoothed out my skin and left it feeling glowly and moisturized, but not too moisturized! Definitely don’t skip out on your moisturizer because this product gave more of a blowy shimmer finish rather than moisturized and plumped finish! I don’t know if it made my makeup last any longer or filled in any fine lines, but it definitely was a great canvas for the rest of my makeup! My skin looked gorgeous all day— even my roommate commented how great my skin looked! I give this product an A+!

What did you get in your ipsy bag this month!? & Are you going to try out any of these products..?

xoxo Lou

This article was first published on livelaughlou.wordpress.com

Pittsburgh native, coffee lover, reading enthusiust