OG Dance Mom’s: pyramid edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Dance Mom’s is a very well-known show amongst our generation. Starting every show Abby began with a pyramid ranking all the girls, bringing tons of drama, especially between the moms. The moms always had a lot to say and became quite the characters on the show.  

Here is my pyramid ranking mom’s edition   

Leslie   

Where do I even start? Every time we saw her face, we knew trouble was not far away. Whether you would like to admit it or not Leslie, not only you, but your daughter too has a mouth, Peyton told all the girls she was better than them and she saw no problem. That does not run well with Abby as we can tell it ran her out 5 separate times.   

Melissa   

Everyone knew and recognized Maddie was the favorite, everyone except Melissa. Just admit your daughter got special treatment and private lessons. We see her constantly compare her daughters, putting McKenzie down in some ways (until season 6 when she did not take McKenzie’s slander). Also, what is up with the lawyer ordeal? All we wanted to know is if he put a ring on it.   

Jill   

You did not stand out to me. When Jill first arrived, she came in hot, starting fights with everyone demanding Kendal is appreciated. It drove her so crazy to the point she ran to Candy Apples for a couple of weeks until Cathy’s attention faded and she ran back to Abby. Whenever her little Kendal was on top her mouth was zipped, even buying her way to get to the top.   

Kelly   

Did she bring most of the drama? Yes, I loved it. There was a slight mention of a boy in the past between Abby and Kelly which brought this tension, but no excuse can be made for the way Abby spoke to her kids. She was not scared of Abby, she got right in her face and someone had to do so. She never let her kids get disrespected.     

Christi   

My love for Christi is unexplained. She was constantly depicted as a shit starter but in all reality, Abby disrespected her and her daughter to the point where it cannot be ignored throughout the show. Chloe was beyond talented, and Abby ignored that. She brought humor and did not take anything.   

Holly   

Dr. Holly, we know her we love her. The most unproblematic one of them all. She always brought maturity to the table. Nia was always treated as the underdog, yet Holly never brought drama, unless necessary.  

Cassidy is a social media executive for Her Campus at St. Bonaventure University. She loves to use her creative outlet to advance her university's chapter. She has been writing for Her Campus for three years. Cassidy is a third-year student studying psychology with a minor in women's studies. Beyond Her Campus, she is involved in other extracurriculars such as L.I.F.T., Active Minds, and volunteering in the food pantry. She is the president of SBU for Equality. You may find her working in the admissions building as a student ambassador. She is an avid Pinterest user and will bring up how it is the best social media to exist. Her love for music keeps her going, nothing Taylor Swift can't help her with.