The Perfect Valentine’s Day Red Lip

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Valentine’s Day is this week and no matter what you’re plans are, whether you’re doing a date night with your significant other, a Galentine’s Day with your girls, the perfect red lip is definitely needed.  The best part about this red lip: it’s affordable, can be found at the drugstore, and is kiss proof:  Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink | Pioneer 

Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink, in the shade Pioneer, is such a perfect red shade. It’s super wearable and anyone looks good in it! The most important reason why I think this red is perfect for Valentine’s Day is that it’s 100 percent transfer proof! You can eat and drink whatever when wearing this lipstick. It’s totally kiss proof! 

The reason it’s transfer proof is because it’s a matte lipstick, but the best part about the Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink is that it’s not drying on the lips! I’m not a fan of liquid lips because I tend to have dry lips and I hate the feeling of extra dry lips after wearing a liquid lip. I wouldn’t say this lipstick is 100 percent super matte though, it definitely has a little bit of a shine to it. The only downfall to this lipstick is that it’s a little sticky, but I think that’s because it’s not overly matte and drying to your lips (so I can handle a little stickiness)!

The color is absolutely stunning. It’s a blue-based deep red shade. It’s not super bright and out there, the deepness may scare some people, but that is what makes it actually wearable. It’s really the perfect red and gives off sultry 1950s perfect pout vibes.

Overall I give this product an A+

Valentine’s Day is all about love so no matter what you’re doing this Valentine’s Day don’t forget to love yourself and the people close to you!

xoxo,

Lou

This post was originally published on livelaughlou.wordpress.com

Pittsburgh native, coffee lover, reading enthusiust