Matt Eastman Talks Bonnie’s Baseball

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Name: Matt Eastman

Hometown: Endwell, NY

Year: Junior

Major: Finance

Favorite Food: Sushi, hands down

What are you involved in on campus? I am a member of the baseball team, and also involved in SIMM.

What position do you play on the baseball team? Pinch hit and first base

Are you excited for the baseball season to start back up again? Yeah its great, the season is short but we are really busy for a while because all of our games are packed so close together. ITs great to get back out on the field again though!

Does playing in New York present any unique challenges? Defintely with the snow. Most places down south can play outside as soon as we can play again, but up here it’s hard because we get so much snow. But it definitely makes us appreciate the time we get to actually play outside on the field for real.

What is your favorite thing about Saint Boanvenutre? Definietly the great balance of all the great friends I have made, but also the chance to learn a lot from such a great school, its incredibly unique. 

I'm a Junior Strategic Communications major at Saint Bonaventure University, also known as the greatest place on earth. Hobbies include eating ridiculous amounts of food, watching Scandal and swimming. I'm probably wearing converse.