This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Name: Keegan Miller

Hometown: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Major: political science

Year: sophomore

Her Campus: “What activities are you involved in at Bona’s?”

Keegan Miller: “I am a Bona Buddies mentor, Freshman Leadership mentor, secretary of Mock Trial, I’m a member of the EDGE program and I’m a Student Ambassador.”

HC: “Wow lots of activities! You must be very busy. Why do you think it’s important to get so involved?”

KM: “Well I want to build by résumé and because I enjoy all of the things that I do. As for the Freshman Leadership mentor, I was in the Freshman Leadership program, and my mentor really helped me and I wanted to do the same. Also the same reason I wanted to help out with Bona Buddies because I really enjoy being a mentor, especially for younger kids. And I’ve learned so much through Mock Trial. I just love being in a court room.”

HC: “You have an internship at a law firm. Can you tell us about that?”

KM: “It’s at Black, Lyle & Habberfield in Olean. It’s my second internship that I’ve had and I love it so much. I conduct legal research, draft pleadings and interact with clients on a daily basis. It’s awesome practice.”

HC: “Obviously you want to go into law. What would you say your dream job would be?”

KM: “So I want to be an attorney, but I’m still figuring out what type of law. I really love criminal and family law because it’s always something new and very interesting. It’s like a puzzle you have to figure out, basically a puzzle to get someone out of trouble. But it’s a lot of tedious hours and takes a long time to get established, so now I’m looking more into corporate or real estate law.”

HC: “There are tons of good shows on Netflix that have to do with law. Do you have any favorites?”

KM: “My current favorite is ‘How To Get Away With Murder.’ Annalise is amazing and I would love to be her. I also watch ‘Scandal,’ ‘House of Cards’ and ‘Quantico.’”

HC: “What’s something that people would be surprised to know about you?”

KM: “I ride and show horses. I started riding when I was around six. I’ve competed all around the country. It’s been an awesome experience and where I first met an attorney who introduced me to law. That’s how I became interested.”

HC: “Favorite quote?”

KM: “’Faith is the belief in something more than what you know.’ – Reba McEntire”

HC: “Do you have a favorite Boanventure memory so far?”

KM: “Definitely Spring Weekend. But as for this past year so far, our Mock Trial team went 7-1, placing second at Regionals, advancing us to Orcs, setting a new Bonaventure record.”

HC: “If you could travel to one place in the world, where would you go?”

KM: “I’ve been to Spain; that was beautiful and I would love to go back. But if I had to pick somewhere new it would be Italy because it’s so romantic and I’d love to go with my boyfriend.”

Photo courtesy of Keegan Miller

St. Bonaventure University Journalism & Mass Communication and Strategic Communications & Digital Media double major. I'm from Binghamton, New York and SBU's Her Campus senior editor. My life is like my hair– messy and uncontrollable.
cheese pizza fanatic
I'm a sophomore journalism and mass communication major at St. Bonaventure University.