This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Over this past weekend, and into the week, I had a deathly illness.

I don’t know what it was, but it completely drained all of my energy, and somehow made it so that my calves are locked up? I don’t know how that happened, but the effect is still lingering in my body. Luckily, the energy depletion part has been taken care of. Anyway, let’s jump into the topic of this article: why the Jandoil School of Communication at St. Bonaventure University is the best school on campus. 

On Monday, I had to miss my morning class and cancel two important meetings because I just needed to rest some more. Well, I ended up resting some more and went to my afternoon class. There, I talked with my professor, Scott Sackett, about what I would be doing for the rest of the semester as video production isn’t my thing, and my voice sounded horrible. 

After that, I headed upstairs to go put my name down for advising. I was kind of tuckered out, so I decided to sit down and check my email. As I was checking it, one of my favorite people in the whole world, Professor Anne Lee, says hi and asks how I’m doing. I told her, and I also told her that I hadn’t eaten in three days because I didn’t have the energy to leave my dorm room.

Lee immediately sprang into action and started asking me if I wanted warm tea with honey, soup, etc. She ended up giving me some crackers and some ice water and wished me well, as did her husband Dr. Rich Lee. As I walked out of Murphy, all I could think about was how sweet the faculty is. 

Never in my life have I had a teacher of mine actually care about my health like that. I mean they’re obviously going to ask to make sure I’m okay, but they’re not always going to offer food and drink. When Professor Lee did that for me, I felt like crying. It shows how caring they are. 

Granted, I’m not in any of the other schools (well, unless you count my minor), but I have a feeling that none of the professors in the other schools would take time out of their day to make sure that you get some food in your system or give you a cup of water. I just have a feeling that the other schools wouldn’t do that. 

In conclusion, I believe the Jandoli School is the best school because of how they treat their students. Lee’s actions are just a small piece of the whole puzzle that has been shown to me by the faculty. Professor Anna Bulszewicz has helped me out on multiple occasions, Sackett’s great and Chris Mackowksi is also one of my favorite people on this Earth.

ALl of the faculty actually take an interest in you, which is really nice.  

Brooke Johnpier is a contributor to the SBU chapter of Her Campus. She writes about the more "manly" topics of the site, including automotive, motorsports, mechanical, technical, DIY, and anything hands-on. Brooke is also using this platform as her personal blog, of which she will talk about more personal things that she feels the world should hear about. Besides Her Campus, Brooke is a part-time motorsports journalist for Speedway Illustrated, a columnist for Race Pro Weekly, and a staff writer as well as a social media promoter for The Podium Finish, where she is interning. Brooke is also a writer for The Bona Venture (News, Features, and Sports), TAPinto Greater Olean, WSBU The Buzz (Music, and Sports), and PolitiFact NY. Brooke is also involved with St. Bonaventure's literary magazine, The Laurel. Brooke is currently a freshman at St. Bonaventure University where she is majoring in Sports Media with minors in Native American and Indigenous Studies & English. In her free time, Brooke loves reading, going to the local racetrack, riding four-wheelers, working on cars, and riding in tractor trailers. Brooke is a music lover, and will talk about most any genre, especially her favorites which are rock and rap. Brooke is also a percussionist, a published author, and a women's rights activist. Brooke is also a member of several lineage organizations, and currently holds a national position in one of them. As well as writing for campus media, Brooke is involved with Faith in Fiction, Jandoli Women in Communication, the History Club, College Democrats, and the Indigenous Student Confederacy. A fun fact about Brooke is that she was the only female to ever be in the top 5% of the Automotive Technology class at the trade school she attended in her junior and senior years of high school.