How to Pack For An Overnight Trip

I have a confession to make. Ever since I was little, I have been the WORST packer ever. Whether I be staying the night at grandma’s or going out of the country for a week, I usually tend to overpack. No, not overpack, obscenely overpack.

So, you’re probably a bit confused as to why you would be taking advice from an OCD packer, but here’s the catch. Through my packing triumphs and many failures, I have learned to pack realistically while still making sure I have all the essentials. No longer do I bring a large suitcase with me for an overnight trip! I have upgraded to a small tote that fits all my needs and learned a few tips to help me with all my packing endeavors.

My List!

Clothes:

Tip: It can be hard to choose between different clothing items while packing for a short trip, so try to pack versatile items that you can pair with any top/bottom! T-shirt

· One dressy top

· Tank top

· Jean shorts

· Jeans

· Sweater

· Sweatpants

· Hat

· Bathing suit (depending on your trip)

· Casual dress

· Undergarments

Shoes:

Tip: If you’re just traveling for the night keep the shoes simple. A pair of sandals and comfortable sneakers will do the job just fine!

· Sandals

· Sneakers

Makeup:

Tip: Now ladies I feel you on this one. I want to take my entire collection with me wherever I go but for an overnight trip it’s just not realistic. Pack the essentials only!

· Concealer

· Mascara

· Bronzer

· 2 Single eyeshadows

· Blush/highlight duo

· Bb cream

· Lippie of your choice!

Hair:

Tip: If you can muster up the courage to leave the hot tools at home… do it.

· Brush

· Shampoo

· Conditioner

Toiletries:

· Razor

· Deodorant

· Medicine

· Contacts (if you’re basically blind like me)

· Makeup wipes

· Toothbrush/paste

· Face wash/lotion

My Personal “Essentials”!

· Earbuds

· Phone

· Phone charger

· Notebook

· Glasses

· Sunglasses

Final Tip: Don’t stress! One night without 6 outfit options won’t kill you. Pack light! Essentials are all you need.