This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

With dry skin season in its prime, I thought I would give you a few tips to help heal dry skin fast.

1. EXFOLIATE:

For this step get any type of exfoliator or scrub and a wash cloth. This step helps remove dead skin cells and dry patches for a smooth base for moisturizer. Make sure the exfoliator is not too harsh on the skin.

2. BODY WASH:

Use body wash that is meant for dry or sensitive skin. I use Shea Moisture black African soap which helps heal eczema and psoriasis. Another good one is Lush Oaty Creamy Dreamy shower cream which helps calm irritated skin with oat milk, lavender and chamomile as the main ingredients.

3. MOISTURIZE:

Use a thick or extreme hydration moisturizer. This is the key in making sure your skin is soft and supple. Apply moisturizer everywhere, but concentrate most on the severely dry or itchy areas. For cracked or irritated skin, I would recommend using Aquaphor directly on the problem spot.

4. REPEAT:

This step is the most important. Repetition is key for your skin to stay soft.

I hope my tips for healing dry skin help you! Remember, everyone’s skin is different and what works on me might not work on you, but moisturizer is key for soft healthy skin.

My name is Fiona Nelson. I am a sophomore at St. Bonaventure University and I am a Sociolgy major!
As an honors student of St. Bonaventure University, it is my objective to pursue a career that will complement my passion for working with people, my dedication to exceeding goals, and my motivation to innovate. The industries that I hope to make a difference in are fashion, media, and business.