BTC WELLNESS?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
BTC WELLNESS?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
HCM Design
Wellness

Hot Girls Have Tummy Issues!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

My entire life I have dealt with stomach issues of all sorts. No matter what I did my stomach was always bothering me. Stomach aches from eating, stomach aches from not eating and so on. I always tried to figure out what the issue was yet I never could really pinpoint it. I tried so many things from cutting gluten out, not eating past a certain time, and eating well-balanced meals but nothing ever worked consistently. 

Over last summer my stomach problems became a little out of hand, it was becoming worrisome. Stomach pain started to get in the way of my everyday life. I started to see a doctor to figure out what was going on, and they kept prescribing medications, but again, none ever worked consistently. I started to become very miserable and dealt with weight loss and depression, I didn’t want to be in constant pain anymore. I started to look into gut health a lot and found things that have helped me deal with my little stomach problems a lot better.

The first thing I’m gonna talk about is pretty simple. A bath. This is something people do very often when dealing with pain or some kind of illness. Although I’ve never appreciated a bath more until I took one while enduring stomach pain. This isn’t everyone’s first thought when dealing with a stomach ache, but the heat helps immensely. Typically laying a warm compress such as a washcloth over your stomach at the same time increases effectiveness. On top of the bath relieving pain, it also is very relaxing and can help you fall asleep which is perfect for someone like me who deals with stomach aches at all times of day and night. 

The next thing I’m gonna talk about is tea. Yes tea, more specifically green tea with ginger and probiotics. I have started to incorporate drinking this into my everyday routine over time and have definitely seen improvement with my stomach pain. This tea has a combination of ingredients which promote digestive help. Ginger is often found to help decrease nausea and also assist in the digestive process. Also probiotics are great for you, they help increase the amount of healthy gut bacteria you have. This tea tastes just like green tea, personally I always add a little honey, and it’s perfect. I highly recommend for someone dealing with chronic stomach aches to give natural remedies a try.

Lastly, I am going to recommend peppermint oil capsules. These are over-the-counter medication that acts as an anti-inflammatory, majorly decreasing stomach pain. I came across this a couple of months again well going through a major flare-up of my stomach, nothing has been a bigger lifesaver. I am not a big fan of being on a bunch of medications either so this natural remedy was a good option for people like me. These capsules help with cramps, bloating and individuals who struggle with IBS. You take it like a vitamin only once a day, not anything too bad, yet it helps greatly. 

Stomach problems have become a norm for me, but even then sometimes they get a little out of control, it’s always important to have ways to manage them when needed.

Cassidy is a social media executive for Her Campus at St. Bonaventure University. She loves to use her creative outlet to advance her university's chapter. She has been writing for Her Campus for three years. Cassidy is a third-year student studying psychology with a minor in women's studies. Beyond Her Campus, she is involved in other extracurriculars such as L.I.F.T., Active Minds, and volunteering in the food pantry. She is the president of SBU for Equality. You may find her working in the admissions building as a student ambassador. She is an avid Pinterest user and will bring up how it is the best social media to exist. Her love for music keeps her going, nothing Taylor Swift can't help her with.