Fun Easter Activities To Do With Kids

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Spring has suddenly sprung upon us. Easter is just around the corner. Who doesn’t love a fun Easter egg hunt and some chocolate bunnies? Whether you have younger siblings, younger cousins or younger neighbors they get so excited during holidays. It’s so fun to see their reactions to celebrations, and it’s nice to make their days special and memorable.

I come from a pretty big family with a lot of kids. Its really exciting to see the reaction on their little faces when the Easter bunny has come to visit. Here are some fun things to do around Easter.

Coloring Easter eggs is lots of fun. Now, this can definitely get a little bit messy, especially with younger children, so its important to protect the surface you are using. If the weather is nice enough maybe decorate outside.

Baking a treat is another fun activity to do with kids. Rice crispy treats are an easy and quick one. If you want to get super creative, you can try to make them in the shape of an Easter egg. Making cupcakes and decorating them like to look like bunnies, carrots and chicks are super cute.

There are some cute Easter movies to watch with the little ones. One of my favorites as a kind was ‘‘Hop.’’ Another good one is ‘‘Peter Rabbit.’’

Hiding the eggs and helping with an egg hunt is also exciting. Kids are so happy when they find an egg. I think its fun to fill and hide the eggs throughout the backyard, or the house if it’s too cold to go outside. Helping the kids open their eggs and sort through their candy is also very cute.

Speaking of candy, I’m going to end this story by ranking Easter candy. This may get a little controversial, but to each their own.  

1. Hershey’s Chocolate Eggs, especially the Cookies ‘n Creme ones. They’re so good. Who doesn’t love Hershey’s chocolate?
  2. Cadbury Mini Eggs. They have a great candy coating on the outside and are creamy on the inside.
  3. Starburst Jellybeans. These are hands down the best jellybeans ever. Pink and red are my personal favorite flavors.
  4. Reese’s Eggs. Reese’s are so good and the cute festive shapes just make them even better.
  5. Peeps. I would rank them even lower if I could. I already dislike marshmallows to being with, but coating them in even more sugar just seems wrong. I don’t like the texture. All the power to the people who like Peeps. I think they’re adorable with the cute shapes and colors, but why can’t they taste as good as they look?
Hi!! I'm Kelsey and I'm a senior strategic communication major at St. Bonaventure University. I love reading, writing, listening to podcasts and walking!