This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Fall is here! Let me just say that if there is one thing that you should know about me, it is that fall is my absolute favorite season. If I could change every season to be fall I most definitely would. Just everything about this season makes me happy and here are some reasons why:

(1)  Essential fall clothing: Being someone who loves fashion, I always look forward to fall. I can put an outfit together in the matter of minutes and always be comfortable no matter what I’m wearing. Some of my favorites are leather riding boots, flannels, over-sized sweaters, scarves, leggings (of course), chambray shirts, vests and much more! Fall is a time where I find myself layering my clothes because I can never predict whether it is going to be a brisk day or a little warmer.

(2)  One of my favorite sights of fall is the colors of the changing leaves. Not only are the leaves my favorite colors, such as different shades of orange and yellow, but they also bring a smile to my face and light up the ground surrounding me. I also LOVE the crunching sound that the leaves make when walking on them. It is my favorite sound.

(3)  The smell of the fall air is something that just awakens me on mornings where I can’t drag myself out from under my warm covers. When walking to class, I really take in the crispness of the season’s air. I might be crazy in thinking so, but it’s like no other feeling.

(4)  I am addicted to warm drinks, especially in the fall! I love being able to go into a coffee shop and ordering something hot without getting looked at like I am crazy. I love wrapping my cold hands around a warm cup of one of my favorite drinks and wait as it soon warms up my body while I drink the tastes of fall. Some of my favorite drinks are warm apple cider, basically anything pumpkin and of course the basic hot chocolate, tea and coffee.

(5)  There is something about the weather in the Fall that makes me feel like it is okay for me to sit inside (but of course not all day) and not feel bad about it. When it’s a brisk day I enjoy laying in my bed and reading a book or watching Netflix. This is also a great time to catch up with my friends from back home by video-chatting them. This is a great time for me to just take a mental break from everything and just collect my thoughts on everything going on in my life. 

(6)  Fall treats: who doesn’t love them! When I worked at a bakery back where I live, I would always wait for the arrival of fall. Basically any food item with the word apple or pumpkin in the title is delicious. Some of my favorites are apple cider or pumpkin donuts, fresh apple or pumpkin pie and of course apple and pumpkin muffins. But then again I am a little biased to anything that tastes like fall.

(7)  Lastly fall means that basketball season is nearing! Since two of my older brothers went to Bona’s, I of course know how big basketball is! I’ve been watching the Bonnies play since I was in grammar school when my brother was the manager of the men’s team. I would spend the game searching to get a glimpse of him on the bench with the team. I now find myself thoroughly enjoying basketball. This is something that I look forward to every fall because it is something that brings me and my brothers closer together. I really enjoy photography and this season I will be taking pictures for my brother’s blog that he created about the men’s basketball team. One thing that I am really looking forward to this season is not only seeing my brothers when they come up for some home games but also experiencing games in the student section and not as a little girl only here because of my brothers. 

Jersey Girl. Coffee Lover. Fashionista Photographer. Loves traveling to Paris and plans to live there one day.
A junior at St. Bonaventure University majoring in Journalism/Mass Communications and French. She can always be found with a Dunkin Donuts iced coffee in hand, at the gym attempting to do yoga, or binge watching Grey's Anatomy with Ben&Jerry's. You can follow her on twitter @emilyrosman or on Instagram emilyrosman.