This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

It’s that time of the year again. The leaves are changing from green to brilliant yellows and reds, the air is getting chillier, and monster decorations are out for spooky season. While I miss the warm breeze of summer, I’m beginning to relish the beauty of Autumn and the spirit of Halloween time. To get the most out of Spooktober, and enjoy the bewitching atmosphere, here’s a bucket list filled with fun activities to do this Fall.

• Go to a pumpkin patch! Pick out a pumpkin to take home and carve later on, and enjoy any yummy treats you may find there. I can’t wait to go to Pumpkinville this year. I’m also really excited to try the kettle corn.
  • Get lost in a corn maze. I think of it as being both trapped and free at the same time.
  • Visit a cider mill or apple farm. Go apple picking or enjoy some cider and donuts while you’re there. Sadly, the closest one to St. Bonaventure, Cummins Cider Mill, is closed this year, but there are others around that aren’t too far away.
  •  Have a pumpkin spice latte! Maybe go all out and have several! ‘Tis the season for pumpkin spice and everything nice after all.
  • Jump in piles of leaves! I realize this one is a bit juvenile, but doesn’t it sound kind of fun to gather up some friends and make a pretty mess? Looking back, I definitely didn’t do it enough as a kid. If you’re still not convinced, you can go for a walk or drive and just admire them instead.
  • Have a bonfire. Get some pals together and huddle up by the heat. Tell a few ghost stories and talk about life. Don’t forget the snacks (especially marshmallows)!
  • Make a Halloween costume! Or, you know, you can buy one, but personally, I think it’s much more fun to find a bunch of stuff and put it together. I just started working on mine by buying a cute wolf headband, because I’m going to be a werewolf this year. I still need to rip up clothes from a thrift store and figure out how to put claw marks on my face (I suck at makeup, so wish me luck).
  •  Have a scary movie marathon! Anything spooky or Halloween-related will do. I’ve watched a few films so far, but no more than two in a row. I plan on giving myself a relaxing day full of on-screen horror soon.

• Cuddle up with some tea, hot cider, or hot chocolate. This pairs really well with the scary/Halloween movies. A captivating book would work, too.

• Bake cookies, brownies, cupcakes, or any other sweet, spooky treat. Cupcakes and cookies can easily be decorated with orange and black frosting, little ghosts, cats, and pumpkins. Brownies are just good for any occasion.

• Visit a haunted house, haunted hayride, or haunted amusement park! There are haunted hayrides going on in Ellicottville, as well as tons of haunted houses around the area (plus some ghost tours) and Six Flags Darien Lake is packed with creepy creatures for Fright Fest.

• Go to a costume party! This is college, so you know they’ll be easy to find.

Senior strat comm major :)
Strategic Communications Major Marketing Minor SBU Her Campus Board SBU Cheerleading  Author of alleyesonher20.wordpress.com