This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

If you’re anything like me, waking up in the morning is an entire struggle on its own. On a good amount of days, I go bare face, only washing and moisturizing because I am a skincare freak. However, on the days when I do manage a little extra time, I like to put on a little makeup just to not look so blah. When I do have time to do my makeup, I tend to keep it pretty simple, but at the same time a little glam. Below, I’ve created a step-by-step process of my easy routine, complete with a list of all products. Enjoy! 

Products Used:

o   Cover FX Illuminating Primer

o   Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation (in Punjab)

o   Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer (in Neutralizer)

o   Laura Mercier Translucent Powder

o   MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder (in NC 25)

o   Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit

o   Milani Baked Blush (in Luminoso)

o   ColourPop Super Shock Cheek in Lunch Money (highlighter)

o   Lorac Pro Palette

o   Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pomade (in Ebony)

o   Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel

o   Kat Von D Tattoo Liner (in Trooper)

o   Maybelline Lash Sensational Liner (in Blackest Black)

o   ColourPop Lippie Pencil and Lippie Stix in Ripa

o   Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herb and Rosewater (as setting spray)

Step One: Always begin with a clean face. Wash your face with your favorite cleanser and moisturize with a hydrating cream. Even with slightly oily skin, moisturizer is necessary. It provides a barrier between the makeup and your actual skin. Follow with a primer of your choice. I use the Cover FX Illuminating Primer because of the subtle glow it gives your skin underneath your makeup.

Step Two: With the foundation of your choice, apply with a damp beauty blender for the most natural finish. Then, to provide a little light to my face, I apply concealer under my eyes in a triangle shape, on my forehead, down the bridge of my nose and a little on my cupid’s bow. Blend with a damp beauty blender. With the same beauty blender, take a little translucent powder to set the areas that you have just highlighted. This will seal in that makeup to make it last throughout the day. Set the rest of your face with a pressed powder for a little more coverage.

Step Three: I usually fill in my brows next, followed by a gel to set them. Clear mascara works just as well. After that, I take a little of the Snow eye shadow from the Lorac Pro Palette and highlight under my brow bone. Then, taking the Light Brown shade on a fluffy brush I add this to the crease of my eye. I make sure that its super blended but still gives me definition. I usually take a flat shader brush and add Buff all over my lid. Taking my liquid eyeliner, I thinly line my top lid and add a little cat wing just for some extra flare. Top that off with some mascara (don’t forget to curl those lashes!) and voila! Eyes are complete!

Step Four: Taking the darkest shade from the kit as a bronzer, add this to cheekbones, forehead, temples, and the jawline. Then take the cooler toned Fawn shade and place this in the hollows of your cheekbones for a more defined face. I usually take the leftover powder on my brush down the sides of my nose to give the illusion of a more slender nose. Next, take your favorite blush and add this to the apples of your cheek. But make sure to choose a natural color; you don’t want to walk around looking like a clown. The next part is my favorite. Take that highlighter and go CRAZY! Highlight the tops of your cheekbones, the bridge of your nose, your cupid’s bow and anywhere else you want that J-Lo glow.

Step Five: Give those lips some color, honey. Since this is such a natural and neutral look, you could get away with just about any color lip. My absolute favorite as of late is Ripa from ColourPop, which you can see in the picture above. It is beautiful and so long-lasting!

Step Six: This is the most important step of the whole process. Set your face with a setting spray or toner, whichever you prefer. I use the Mario Badescu Facial Spray to give myself a natural finish and add even more glow to my face. Spray, spray, spray! Your makeup look is now complete!

Photos courtesy of Natalie BeCoats

Wegmans lover. Probably more coffee in my bloodstream than oxygen. Sophistiratchet.
I'm a sophomore journalism and mass communication major at St. Bonaventure University.