The City of Lights Must Continue to Shine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

With all that is going on in France currently, I can’t help but reflect on the time that I have spent there. Paris is the one place that I always dreamt of going to when I was younger. I love fashion and I also love to cook and bake and these are all things that Paris is known for. Paris is a very important place to me because my aunt is French and all of her family still lives there. 

Whenever I go to Paris with her we stay with her parents. Her entire family is so inviting and treats me as if I am part of their family as well. This is a place that I could consider my second home. Even though the city is so big, I somehow find myself while there in the bustling streets. There is so much to do around every corner.

When the plane touches onto the ground, the rush that runs through my body is like no other. Just walking the streets and sitting at a café outside watching the people go by strikes a certain sense of imagination in me. The amount of pictures that I take while I am there is outrageous. I would like to share with you some of my favorite memories and some pictures that I have taken on my adventures in Paris. 

Some of the most delicious macaroons are from the famous Ladurée.

The Eiffel Tower at night really shows why Paris is the “City of Lights”

This article is dedicated to those who have made me feel as if Paris is my home. Also to the wonderful experiences that I have had there and hopefully more to come. But most importantly to the innocent lives that were taken. 

Jersey Girl. Coffee Lover. Fashionista Photographer. Loves traveling to Paris and plans to live there one day.
A junior at St. Bonaventure University majoring in Journalism/Mass Communications and French. She can always be found with a Dunkin Donuts iced coffee in hand, at the gym attempting to do yoga, or binge watching Grey's Anatomy with Ben&Jerry's. You can follow her on twitter @emilyrosman or on Instagram emilyrosman.